CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 07:39:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105748 Posts in 12344 Topics by 4756 Members
Latest Member: russ69
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Model Specific Discussions
| |-+  Trans-Am Camaros
| | |-+  Rest in Peace, Bob Tucker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rest in Peace, Bob Tucker  (Read 1191 times)
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:45 AM »

I got some very sad news today that Bob Tucker of Orlando, FL passed away this week. Bob was a very special
person, a true Southern Gentleman, but a fierce competitor on the drag strip and a very talented mechanic and
fabricator. He raced one of the extremely rare '63 Z11 427 Impalas which had many wins and held many records.
He also raced a ZL1 Camaro and built another one for drag racing. He built too many cars to fully mention here
but of pertinent interest is that he is the one that built and prepared the Joie Chitwood Camaro for Trans-Am
racing. I was very pleased and fortunate to be able to record a conversation with him discussing the very build
of that car. My heartfelt condolences go out to his wife Ann who just this week sent me a wonderful photo CD
filled with photos of Bob's cars when I'm sure she had many other things on her mind. Two very special people.
God bless them both.

Jon Mello
CRG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: