Author Topic: Are these in the database?  (Read 3731 times)

xandf

• View Profile
Are these in the database?
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:28:01 AM »
Looking to see if these might somehow be in your database. 124379N506156 was a green RS Z28 (wrecked) that had to be removed from my parents backyard I'm guessing around 1979 and as far as I know went to the junkyard after I parted it out. Still have lots of regrets about that to this day. 124379N707541 that I currently own is a Dusk blue X77 car that I've had since 1993.
Any info on either would be great, but especially on 707541.

Jeff

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Are these in the database?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 03:01:34 AM »
Jeff,
An early Z and a late Z - unfortunately nothing on either of those.

Kurt
Kurt S
CRG

xandf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:50 AM »
Thanks for the feedback on these numbers, Kurt. As I ponder this a little, just wondering how many 1969 Z's might be in the database as I'm thinking that somebody (maybe you, but my memory could be faulty) referred to the fact of having info on approx 17,000 cars or more. I know that roughly 20,000 Z's were built for the 1969 model year and curious how many real cars are felt to exist yet.  Both of these VIN's are verifiable as I still have engine/trans from the early car and BU rear axle was sold years ago. The late car's numbers all line up with the build tag, hidden locations, and BU rear axle.

Thanks,
Jeff

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:46:35 AM »
A disproportionate amount of 69 Z's in the db - 1200. Some of these don't exist anymore - only the paperwork or drivetrain.

I'd be interested in a pic of the engine pad and trans stamp from the green Z whenever you get a chance. :)

Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

ScottJon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 04:56:27 AM »
A disproportionate amount of 69 Z's in the db - 1200. Some of these don't exist anymore - only the paperwork or drivetrain.

I'd be interested in a pic of the engine pad and trans stamp from the green Z whenever you get a chance. :)

Thanks!

Hi Kurt

where is this database? i would love to see if my car is in it, or put it in if it isn't.

it is a 69 Z, VIN plate and engine are correct, somewhat if you read my post about the VIN number question from the last few weeks you will see that my car and engine is one number off, but everyone thinks it was just a LA factory mistake

transmission is not original

Happy 1969 Z28 owner guardian

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=5444.0

Your car is in it, via the info you posted. :) Can you send me a pic of the cowl tag and what's the axle code?

Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

anything