Author Topic: NOS MO302 Smokey Yunick motor started for first time ever!!  (Read 5827 times)

Iluv69s

• View Profile
NOS MO302 Smokey Yunick motor started for first time ever!!
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »

Hey Jon and fellow members,

I found this forum just a few months ago. Great job and keep up the good work !! I am sure I will have plenty of questions soon now that I am finally getting my car together.

Just for a little backgroud. I bought my first Camaro before I had my drivers license at 15 years old. it was a 67 RS. Me and a friend split the car and we paid 75 bucks...37.50 each !!   That was 2 weeks delivering the local newspaper for me back in them days !! haha ..Soon after, I read an article in a magazine about the elusive 67 Z. How there were only 602 made, and they had no emblems..just stripes and the drivetrain. Very soon after, I painted black stripes on our RS. We probably had the first 67 Z-28 clone ever!!...even though it was an automatic...haha

Fast forward some 35 years..I am finally bulding my real 67 Z and at last fired up the motor. It was purchased at Smokey Yunicks auction. I dont know if I can post the vid here, so here is a link to the Yenko site that has the vid.  I thought You guys would like it.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=468006#Post468006

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: NOS MO302 Smokey Yunick motor started for first time ever!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:20:04 PM »
Video 1

Video 2

Thanks for the post, Max. Nice to see you finally fire that thing up. Be sure to post some pics when you get it in your car. I'm looking forward to that.
Jon Mello
CRG

Iluv69s

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 02:57:13 PM »
Hey Jon, Thanks for posting the direct links. Those vids are the first day thru a stock gardner exhaust system.

I am going to make a few more vids before I assemble the car. I am going to put on my day-two 'drag' package with cowl plenum, factory headers and 69 chambered setup and aftermarket mags and tires . Then the day three 'TA' package with the x-ram and fib. cowl hood, TI ign.,  JL-8 service rear, minilites,  and the Stahl headers and straight exhaust out the side. I want to hear that little 302 when it is really breathing !!!  I hope to make a few cool videos soon. I'll be sure to post them here!!

I have the body in primer ready to paint, unfortunately I only get to work on the car in spurts. Very soon,  I'm hoping to put the body on the frame and do a test panel fit before I take it back apart to paint. I already have a few questions and I am sure I will have a bunch more !!!   

Thanks again for the site and all the info. as some of my questions have been answered already here !!!

max

69Z28freak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 10:37:02 PM »
Would love to get the full story of the motor.  ???
Mike 1969 Grandma Camaro

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 07:52:50 AM »
That's an interesting concept of what your plans are for the car. Continue to post videos (or photos) as you make progress as I know they would be appreciated.
Jon Mello
CRG