CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 10:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104929 Posts in 12261 Topics by 4727 Members
Latest Member: Z10 Paceman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  1969 Z/28 Rear Spring Holders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1969 Z/28 Rear Spring Holders  (Read 883 times)
Vince

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »

I don't know the correct term for this part of the rear springs.  It is the plate right at the bottom of the leafs with 4 bolts in it that holds the springs to the axle, also where the rear shocks attach.  Did these originally come from the factory on '69 Z/28's about the same width as the leaf springs, maybe a little wider?  That is all I have ever seen.  My '69 Z/28 has these with an extra length facing toward the rear end with 2 holes in the extra length.  I tried to show what mine look like in the photos.  I have never seen these before on any other '69 Camaro.  Does anyone have any idea what this extra width and set of holes were for and if this type of spring holder did come as original on '69 Z/28's?  Thank you. 
Ed Bertrand
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:01:18 PM »

Those are replacement mounting plates that were being sold for a long time until the "correct" ones were available.

Here's the "correct" one for the LEFT, and here's the "correct" one for the RIGHT.

(I say "correct" because originals weren't laser cut, so I really don't know how "correct" they are.)

Looks like you're also missing your PARKING BRAKE CABLE BRACKETS.

Ed
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:40:22 PM by bertfam » Logged
william
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »

Those are the generic GMPD service replacement rear spring anchors #330263 & 330264; OE for '70-up F & X bodies. The extra holes are for rear sway bar brackets; '68-'69 anchors did not have the tab with the holes. When we had the parts business I took many of those to my day job to cut off the tabs on the Maintenance Dept band saw.

Are the axle U-bolts there? One per side. They come in handy when the welds on the spring perch break.
Vince

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:28:18 PM »

Thanks Ed and William.  Mystery (at least to me) solved.  I'll look into the parking brake cable brackets.  I do have the U-bolts there which is good news. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: