Author Topic: Rusty Jowett Camaro Parts  (Read 5140 times)

OCTARD

• View Profile
Rusty Jowett Camaro Parts
« on: August 02, 2011, 05:16:10 AM »
More images from Pat Hogan, owner of the 1968 Rusty Jowett Camaro, and also the caretaker of these parts.

Notes on the first two images, per Pat Hogan:

"Some of these parts and wheels might be part of Bill's '67 Camaro that Rusty drove.  Other things might be from the '68 car he drove.

I obtained all of these things from Bill (Lange), except the vacuum tank and the grey reservoir. The vacuum tank and reservoir were part of the things I got when I bought Rusty's '68 Camaro.

The wheels were bead blasted and they are still OK to use except for the wheel with the red tag. It did not pass the metallurgy test. The wheels were in a shed on Bill's property for years. They held up well.

The darker wheels are magnesium and the lighter colored ones are aluminum. Big difference in weight as you know."

OCTARD

• View Profile
Re: Rusty Jowett Camaro Parts
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:25:11 AM »
Two more images courtesy of Pat Hogan, and his comments for these items:

"The box was used to hold brake bleeding gear I assume.

I have two of the fuel jugs that Schwein probably fabricated.

Again, Bill (Lange) brought both of those to me a couple of years ago on a trip to Denver."

Strangely enough, forum member Steve Holmes posted images of a similar/same fuel jug being used on Rusty's '68 Camaro at a NASCAR Grand Touring/Baby Grand Race on his "The Roaring Season" site just yesterday. 

Specific pic of the car and fuel can - http://www.theroaringseason.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2738&d=1312159308

Main thread with more pics from this NASCAR Grand Touring/Baby Grand event - http://www.theroaringseason.com/showthread.php?41-Nascar-Grand-Touring&p=3602#post3602

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rusty Jowett Camaro Parts
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »
Very cool. Nothing like looking at original parts. Thank you to Pat for sharing those with us.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything