CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 05:07:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104592 Posts in 12238 Topics by 4719 Members
Latest Member: Baconcks
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  69 Console
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 69 Console  (Read 878 times)
mcharter

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:03:15 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to replace the spring for the main door on a 69 center console?  Also, how to replace the rivets, nuts, and springs holding the ash tray door on same.  Not much room to work here.  Hopefully you don't have to take the whole thing apart!  Thanks for any help.
69pace

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 07:46:20 PM »

LOL well it is easy if you do take the whole thing apart or at least off the transmission hump and put it on a bench.

1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
flyingskibiker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 05:48:18 PM »

I put the spring on the belt buckle holder/clip THEN installed the holder and door...  I think the "nuts" on the ashtray door are just pressed on.  So, they should slide off.  I forget if I did the same trick with that door - installing with spring already attached.  Though, I thought that this spring kind of just lies in a grove.?.?  No, I recall drilling out an aftermarket console to mount those...

Since I will be repainting mine soon, I'll be doing it all over again.  Hope I remember how I did it! ;-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: