CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 12:08:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106654 Posts in 12433 Topics by 4791 Members
Latest Member: DEL
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  69 front sub frame alignment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 69 front sub frame alignment  (Read 621 times)
dirtpoor

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:54 PM »

car in question is to be set up for nhra stock eliminator racing only. can i install the front sub frame at a slight angle to give me a staggerd wheel base for better roll out without ending up with "dogtracking"? i think i can get 109 inch pass side and 107.5 inch  driver side wheel base . 
mopar346

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 07:00:22 PM »

Will you be able to get the sheet metal to even come close to alignment? It maybe easy to do it with caster adjustment although I don't know how much you can get out of it. The torque push may keep it from doglegging it is offset correctly but it may still pull bad on the big end, especially on decel. Just a thought.
GaryL

Marilyn and me

gandmal
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »

If all the bolts are loose the subframe can "float" around. The sheetmetal is anchored at the firewall and radiator support. The subframes were installed under an assembled body per the CRG assembly report. The inner fender to frame brackets must be loose also. Steering column alignment could be a problem if too far off.

Gary

Lemans Blue X33. DZ, M20, manual steering. Only BU code rear end is original.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: