Author Topic: Front Lower windshield trim clips  (Read 11792 times)

69z28302

• View Profile
Front Lower windshield trim clips
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:35:18 AM »
Does anyone have a picture off the clips and how they are spaced on the lower chrome trim molding?

Thanks CRG

Mike

IZRSSS

Re: Front Lower windshield trim clips
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
You can see the lower clips in the link below, along with proper glass installation. The info in the above link does not show the lower molding clips and the info suggesting the use of butyl as the proper installation in wrong. Don't forget to put the end clips in or drill the holes for them before you install the nose. If the side holes are there and the nose is already on you can get the screws in with patience. http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7255.0 I have a '68 in the shop now without a nose. If the link is not adequate let me know and I'll send you photos.

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:34:48 PM »
Thanks guy's for the info. I really need to no how the very outter edge clips are installed. The funny shaped ones?

Thanks Mike

IZRSSS

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:30:37 PM »
Mike,

Here is another discussion on the topic. You might find the 3rd and last post helpful. Hopefully I won't get this one shot out of the water also  ;). I'll keep searching information relative to clips as I too would like to know. Not much out there though.
http://www.camaros.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-47317.html

Reply #2 although long has good info...
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/basic-basics-windshield-installation-kits-55375.html

Marty

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:37 PM »
They screw on to the body right under the pillar post.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 01:19:22 AM »
Martin in the above thread provides butyl installation procedures but GM did not use butyl tape to install windshields. No reputable shop will, they use urethane. Liablity insurance does not allow the glass shop that does all my glass work to use butyl. A lot of hobbiests use it because they can't lay a bead of urethane and it's the easy way out. Some unethical glass shops will use butyl, and many think it was original, which is wrong. If I have time I'll take photos of the clip locations. Once the end clips are installed in the molding, their location at the bottom of the A-pillar is self explanatory. If the hole is still there it's easier yet. There are a few threads at T.C. with pictures if you feel like hunting.

IZRSSS

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 01:29:19 AM »
Scott, I knew there was a logical explanation for your first post. Thanks for detailing it on your second post.

BTW...it's Marty

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »
and I need to know the spacing of the clips. The left side holes were covered by some filler. They look to 8 inch's apart I guess.

Thanks
Mike