Author Topic: daytona yellow with yellow interior and tire chain  (Read 5614 times)

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
daytona yellow with yellow interior and tire chain
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »
looking at car that is yellow yellow w/ black top
liquid tire chain option (documented)

how rare is the yellow combo?  I dont think its that rare as I have spotted a few of these in the past. but have no clue.

how many documented liquid tire chain cars are out there? how does this even work or get turned on from the drivers perspective?

bob
Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'
Blue 68Z28. 4:10, Kustom 'tunnel tube' headers, Nickey sold.

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: daytona yellow with yellow interior and tire chain
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:13:22 PM »
Only 188 came from the factory with the RPO V75 traction compound dispenser, so probably not too many documented ones left as it sort of implies the car was bound for the Rust Belt, etc.  Every once in awhile you'll see cans of the compound listed on eBay.  They didn't keep records down to the exterior color and interior combination level.  Estimated 7% of 69s were Daytona Yellow, so something less than that for yellow on yellow combo.  It's all found in the research topics at the top of the home page.  Some of the ones you spotted in the past may not have been factory original.   

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »
As seeing other cars, I was at a car show last night and a guy had a restoration photoalbum of his camaro sitting on his radiator.  I looked at his pictures, and it was originally a yellow yellow car.  I checked the tag and it was coded for yellow houndstooth.

I do wish I had a clue how many yellow interiors were made and for how long. It is pretty bold. white is one thing, that yellow is really in your face loud. 

rare is one thing, desirable is another.  I am not sure yet on how I feel about it. It is different no doubt.

Black 69L78. 4:10, RS/SS/ZL2, 'black painted tail panel different than body','red hockey stripe w/ v-top exception'

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 03:15:52 AM »
white is one thing, that yellow is really in your face loud.

Killer is what it is. Can you imagine a black car with either the yellow or orange houndstooth? Oh, Baby.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 03:33:37 AM »
Can you imagine a black car with either the yellow or orange houndstooth? Oh, Baby.
I know of 4 black 69's like that - 2 with yellow, 2 with orange.

I know of 40+ yellow/yellow cars. 20+ orange/orange cars.
Surprising to me since it seems like I run across the orange/orange cars more often - I parted out a SS350 several years back....
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:32:33 AM by KurtS »
Kurt S
CRG

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 03:17:38 AM »
I love the yellow and orange interiors! Yellow/yellow, black/yellow and orange/orange are fantastic. I'd love to have one.

John
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

black69

• View Profile
    • my_car
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 03:26:30 AM »
Kurt, I will send you the info on the local car and another car to add to your 40+ total.

route665

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
Anyone know how many Dover white (50 )and Daytona yellow(714) were built?

flyingskibiker

• View Profile