Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Trans-Am Press Kits

(1/4) > >>

Jon Mello:
Anybody have some old press kits from the '72 and earlier era that they would care to share? Vic Laskorski sent me these two images he saved off ebay of a 1970 Craig Fisher/Todco Racing press kit. He unfortunately didn't win the auction so these are as good as are available so far. If somebody has this press kit (or others), I know we all would appreciate seeing larger images posted.

Jon Mello:
Here are a couple of samples from Frank Dihartce of two Camaro press kits in his collection. He's going to try and make some complete copies for us. Thank you, Frank!

Jon Mello:
Here are a few photos of a Bruce Behrens Racing Team press kit, courtesy of Frank Dihartce. Thank you, Frank!

Jon Mello:
More info from Frank Dihartce on Bruce Behrens...

"Chevrolet high performance iron salesman Bob Dance of Indian River Chevrolet in Cocoa, Fl. told me he sold Bruce Behrens a 1969 Z/28 JL-8 radio delete car that was turned into a Trans Am racer. Dance also told me he had many 1967-1969 Z/28 radio delete and a few JL-8 cars on his lot, and a bunch of COPO Camaros... He also said the workers at Cape Canaveral and Martin were good customers. Bob Tucker was a rocket electrical engineer at Martin in the 1950's thru mid 1960's, and drag racing was his hobby that he turned into a full time business.

The Bruce Behrens team also hired the services of the fabulous painter Fred Griffith, who painted many famous cars - including Corvette's for Bo Laws, Bob Jorjorian (his 1963 split window was the next car to be painted after my Camaro ZL-1, and he still has the silver Vette), and Rodger Judski's Corvette Center (who owns the yellow ZL-1 Corvette)."

Jon Mello:
1970 Todco Racing press kit, courtesy of Craig Wheeldon. Thank you, Craig!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page