Author Topic: Light Harness Clips  (Read 11764 times)

IZRSSS

Light Harness Clips
« on: June 27, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »
AIM 12-A5 shows the correct installation for SB 350/V8 Light Harness. The harness attaches via harness built-in clips at both the Fender Flange & Generator Brace. Both of the harness clips in my car have been snipped off. Can someone recommend the best source for these L-harness's, or are these clips sold separately?

In addition...if someone can post a pic of a correctly installed light harness for this application I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

IZRSSS

Re: Light Harness Clips
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
...Here is a pic of whats left of the generator brace L-Harness clip... its made of metal. All the built-in clips sold by drug store vendors are plastic. Is it possible this metal stem was fitted w/a plastic clip?

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 04:09:34 AM »
Have  you checked with American Auto Wire, lectriclimited.com, or Mad Electrical?  They might be able to supply some.  Otherwise, I find that the Corvette parts vendors have a better/more correct supply of the smaller components when the Camaro guys don't...

IZRSSS

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
Thanx for the names...I'll give them a call latter today to see what options are available. My hope is that the clips are sold separately so I don't have to purchase the entire harness...around $160.00. If not...may as well do it right... :-\

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »
My original harness had a strip of plastic with the clips stapled to it in the needed spots.  I've seen the individual clips at the vendors sites, but they didn't look like the rest of mine.  They all had the extension on them like the middle for the light harness under the rad support.
68Z28

IZRSSS

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »
Thanx guys... I got so busy with work today that I couldn't make any calls.

By any chance do you have any pics of the original harness w/clips. I made a call yesterday to a company by the name of Lectric Limited. The tech I spoke to swears their harness's are blue print correct & their is no metal of any kind on the clips. Anyway, you know how it is...get as much information on a topic as you can and begin the process of elimination & hopefully you make the right call.

I tried zooming in on Steve's L48 and the clip on the fender flange appears to be metal (maybe black plastic), and the clip on the alternator brace appears to be plastic (white). Who knows...I am just going to have to be patient with this because I don't want to dish out big bucks (for me) for the wrong harness simply because a vendor says his is dead nuts correct.

I hate to throw a wrench in this...but were all three years the same?

Thanx again...

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:25:42 AM »
I was going to say Lectric Limited also.

http://www.lectriclimited.com/

Mike

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
There was no metal anywhere in my harness except for the staples holding the clips to the strip.
68Z28

L78 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 01:09:08 AM »
There was no metal anywhere in my harness except for the staples holding the clips to the strip.

This is correct for 69 also.
I striped out the plastic strip with clips from an old Nova harness. Same.
69 Z/28 Dover White. SOLD
67 SS/RS Mt. Green 1W,2LGSR,3SL,4K,5BY,07C. SOLD
70 Nova L78 Blk. Cherry,Sandalwood,M21,02B

IZRSSS

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 01:18:37 AM »
Thanx for mentioning Lectric. This company looks promising. Also looking more and more like the process of elimination should begin w/my own harness. Should have known...probably a repop or something from another car.

Appreciate the info...

IZRSSS

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »
A buddy of mine had these clips in his collection. I am not really sure what the first one is but the middle & bottom are definitely for the harness. You can tell by the slit on both of these which anchors the clip to the harness. If anyone knows what the first one is please let me know.

IZRSSS

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
My original harness had a strip of plastic with the clips stapled to it in the needed spots.  I've seen the individual clips at the vendors sites, but they didn't look like the rest of mine.  They all had the extension on them like the middle for the light harness under the rad support.

I removed the clips and I think they are the same ones you mentioned above. For some reason I assumed they were metal...

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »
See, someone cut your plastic strip out.  The top one in the pics is stapled to the strip that has been cut.  This was continuous in mine the whole length of the harness.  The top clip in IZRS's pic looks like the alt clip.
68Z28

IZRSSS

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »
Good to have these details behind me. Thanks for the help!

LM69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »
Try OPG www.opgi.com for the white color wire harness retainer clips. I just ordered 2 to check them out..........
Good luck
Michael Kellogg
LM69Z28 ;)