Author Topic: Looking for my original 69 Z-28 enging VIN# 124379L512041  (Read 2419 times)

69camarozz4

• View Profile
Looking for my original 69 Z-28 enging VIN# 124379L512041
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
I am searching out the original motor that went into my father's 69 Z-28 Camaro.  Any help of where to look (websites, classic car part shops, etc.) would be very much appreciated.  Thanks for all of the help.

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Looking for my original 69 Z-28 enging VIN# 124379L512041
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »
Casey, be VERY careful if you get a reply to your request. I say this because there are lots of crooks out there just waiting to falisfy documents and engine stamps to rip people off. They advertise in Hemmings, they advertise on the net. For example, do a Google search on block restmping service and old chevy documentation and you'll see what I mean.

While most of these people don't "come to you" (you have to go to them), there ARE those that don't care and are just in it to make money. And unfortunately, fake documentation and fake stampings are BIG money.

As an example, someone says on a public forum that they're looking for their Z28 block or L78 block or whatever, with such and such VIN, and guess what. All of a sudden they get an email from some guy saying he's got it. A lot of folks can't tell the difference between fake and real, and this poor slob ends up shelling out BIG BUCKS for a restamp without ever realizing it. At least not until they get on a forum like this one and find out they just spent several thousand dollars on something that's not real. We see it all the time, day in and day out. Fake stamps, fake docs, fake cars.

So IF you do happen to get a reply, ask for lots of DETAILED pictures and post them here. We can spot a fake a mile away!

Ed

69camarozz4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 05:17:48 PM »
Will do Ed.  I plan on getting the okay from the forum before I make any moves on an item.  The information on this forum has come highly recommended by a close family friend, and I have already learned a lot.  I am just excited about the search at this point. 

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
If you do get a response and seem happy with the person, I would have a professional look at it for you. It would be worth the money in my opinion.

anything