Author Topic: Convertible Windshield Frame Color  (Read 2818 times)

jeff68

• View Profile
Convertible Windshield Frame Color
« on: June 18, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
I just want to confirm that the inside edges of the windshield frame are painted body color and not interior color.  Is this correct?
Thanks, Jeff
68 L30/M20 Convertible, Ash Gold
N10, F41, N34, Z21, ZJ9, Z87, D55, G80, P01, U17

IZRSSS

Re: Convertible Windshield Frame Color
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »
Can you post a pic of the inside edge you are referencing? If its the exterior of the vehicle than yes it was painted body color. If its on the inside of the vehicle it was painted interior color.

Read paragraphs 3 & 6 under Fisher Body-Paint Shop Operations. 67-68 painted interior color & than entire interior masked off prior to body color.
http://www.camaros.org/assemblyprocess.shtml

jeff68

• View Profile
Re: Convertible Windshield Frame Color
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 04:53:04 PM »
Marty-  On a convertible, there is a slight area of exposed metal between the pillar post moldings and windshield glass, and between the windshield header moldings and windshield glass.  Both areas are on the interior of the car.  The areas on the sides are very narrow, but the area at the top is fairly wide and clearly visible through a clear (no tint stripe at top) windshield, which is what I have.

All these areas on my car appear to be body color due to the high gloss, but it is difficult to tell because Ash Gold (exterior) and Ivy Gold (interior) colors are very close.  I went through all the pictures on the Lucas Restorations site, and all their convertible restorations have the windshiled frames painted body color.  I assume they are doing it correctly, but I just wanted to confirm.
68 L30/M20 Convertible, Ash Gold
N10, F41, N34, Z21, ZJ9, Z87, D55, G80, P01, U17