Author Topic: Pace cars at AACA museum  (Read 4687 times)

maroman

• View Profile
Pace cars at AACA museum
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:18:20 PM »
On this day of Indy I decided to see the pace cars at the AACA museum. It is a new display only about a week old. There's only one Camaro in our target zone, a very nice local 396 '69 from York, Pa.. They should have gotten a '67 also, there is at least one Pa. car that I know of. And I'm sure there's more that would have been willing to display theirs. Lots of later year cars. They will be on display for a few months if you are in the area.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Pace cars at AACA museum
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »
Must be nice to go down the street and look at such great cars. I know a member of the board.  Think I'll ask him how they seek out cars for exhibits. I agree they could have had a 67, if they had just asked around.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »
Phil, maybe if they had a '67 they could have had one less NON AACA eligible car in the display. You should make a trip north for The Elegance at Hershey next weekend. It should be something to see.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »
Wish I could, but I've got to work for the next three weeks to pay for the "toys" and the trips!
But... this summer a few of us are going to see six major classic car collections, three in Europe and three here in the States.
It's a tough job but somebody has to do it!

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »
Let's hear some names Phil. Where are you going?

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
Two private collections in Germany and Ferrari in Italy.
Gilmore in Michigan. Auburn, etc in Indiana, and a great CHEVY collection out from Seattle that my daughter found.
An AACA officer's daughter is getting us in the two German places. She teaches over there.  I'm afraid they are going to be like it was at Hendrix --no pictures, please!  What's with that!?
I've heard about the Elegance at Hershey. Let us know about that.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »
So how was the Elegance? I hear it rained on the winners parade!

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
Phil, sorry I missed your post about where you are going. Sounds like a good list. Pay reverance to the Dodge Brothers display at the Gilmore. They have a car that was owned by each of the Brothers. We used to keep the Dodge Brothers club's owned truck there, but it is now in the museum at Kokomo, Ind. The ACD is Exquisite. Would one of the private collection in Germany be the Grumands? If so, take lots of pictures, they have lots of great cars and skill. They have a 1938 VW, serial number 6 car. I would love to see it some day. The Elegance was ahhh elegant. The selection of cars was perfect, some brass, some race, some coachbuilt, some concept, some French, English, German, and American. You missed a great show. A REAL blower Bentley ran the hillclimb, then was shown on Sunday with the mud on the fenders. I hear it's on for next year, so make plans to attend. MAke sure you look at the pics that Steve posted on the AACA forum, it shows just how much rain they had. I say THEY because I left just in time to get home before it started. Steve looks like a drowned rat handing out awards. I'm surprised AND disappointed more local AACA people didn't attend and support this event. Got to see the Great Race cars on Tues. at the museum too. To keep this OT there were no first gen Camaros, but there was a mid year Corvette. Have fun on your trip, hope to see you at Hershey.

anything