Author Topic: Websites that might be of interest to us  (Read 101322 times)

Wahoo

• View Profile

SMKZ28

• View Profile
Re: Websites that might be of interest to us
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 03:27:46 AM »
Here is a website that has a few pictures of the 1972 Trans Am race at Donnybrooke International Raceway taken by Jerry Winker: http://www.comicozzie.com/gallery2/main.php  Scroll all the way down to the bottom to find it.  If you are also interested in the Trans Am series after 1972, this website also has hundreds of pictures of Trans Am races at Brainerd and Road America from 1972 through 1989.  Enjoy!
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
Greetings,

Something called AutoPuzzles.com - with a Kodachrome thread that really engages do believe me.  See:

http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php?topic=21791.0

...content scattered across periods, series, etc., but some Team Starfish Barracuda rain footage that hints at much is visible on the first page.

Mike K.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 03:57:40 AM »
Thanks for the link, Mike. Some really great photos there and I was surprised to see me in there as well (green arrow) as well as my parents and younger brother.
Jon Mello
CRG

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 04:15:28 AM »
Mike,

Thanks for posting that link. There are soooo many outstanding photos!!!

Fred

wrongwayron

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 11:41:28 AM »
Jon;
Chad had sent me that site and I was looking at it last night (long before seeing this post this morning) and I stop at the pic and said to myself (Jon had talked about teching that car at Road America ... I wonder if he is in that photo? LOL

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 04:36:03 AM »
Wonder no more, Ron.  :D

Sure was fun at Road America back in those days, not that you didn't already know that...
Jon Mello
CRG

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »
I'm glad I finally visited that link... :)    some fantastic photos and old racing scenes and cars....
I've also forwarded the link:     
    http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php?topic=21791.0
to other car buds who will appricate the photos..
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

T/AracingFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »
I didn't see this mentioned yet but not too long ago I joined a pretty good T/A site, even though I'm not much of a Facebook fan myself, it was active enough so I joined.  It's called  Historic SCCA Pro Racing Trans-Am Series Fan Group & Here's the link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/109038482465812/

I have recently become a fan of Google+ because it's a social network without all the ridiculous ads, redirections, difficult processes, etc. and it's integrated with most if not all Google services like Youtube, Chrome, Gmail, Talk, Translate, etc.  It's the second largest social network on the internet and I believe if FB wasn't so old and well established, Google+ would have buried it by now.  Anyway, I waited to see if anyone would open some type of community within G+ that would focus on Trans Am racing so it would get the audience and recognition it deserves but no such luck.  I waited and waited but as a Trans Am racing finatic, I just couldn't wait anymore so I started a community called Historic Trans Am Racing Enthusiasts over there.  

I just want to be respectful here and say right now that I have no intention of stealing attention or material, info or anything like that and if I use something, I will generally just guide people here with a link.  This community I started is not to steal anyone from anywhere but to rather just open up more awareness, conversation and sharing of info for T/A racing.  In fact I've listed sources on the main page and you guys are at the top.  If anything this will guide more people to your site/forum.  Anyway, please come and check it out.  

Having a Google+ account is as easy as opening a free gmail account. https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail .  I mainly would like you to look at it so you can tell me if I"m doing anything I shouldn't be that will affect you or other sites.  I'm not expecting participation.  I'm also totally willing to accept accountability from you guys or anyone else that thinks I'm doing something wrong that would affect others.

In order to check it out, just click the url below:

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 05:15:14 AM »
I certainly don't have any problem with somebody starting their own website, forum or whatever which covers the topic of Trans-Am racing.
I wish you a lot of luck with it. I don't know that I will have much time to look at it. I have a lot going on. I would say that it is wise and
proper to give credit to those people whose work (photos, text, knowledge, etc) that you might be using. Always best to use as much of
your own stuff as possible and not take from elsewhere.
Jon Mello
CRG

T/AracingFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 06:09:18 AM »
...I would say that it is wise and proper to give credit to those people whose work (photos, text, knowledge, etc) that you might be using. Always best to use as much of your own stuff as possible and not take from elsewhere.

Absolutely...wouldn't have it any other way but I don't have much material other than what I've found from other sites like yours but this is where I will just link it or at least mention and give a link where it came from.  You guys have already helped me out sooo much and I wouldn't want to betray any trust that's why I'm letting you know about the site.  I've always been a "give credit where credit is due" kind of person and I intend on continuing that through the G+ site.

I also want to make sure everyone here understands that if I happen to ask something on this forum it's because I've done everything I can to find it myself but couldn't.  I "swear on my life" that it's not just to use it in the G+ community or anywhere else for that matter.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »
Fair enough. Good luck with the website.
Jon Mello
CRG

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »
Thanks for the link, Mike. Some really great photos there and I was surprised to see me in there as well (green arrow) as well as my parents and younger brother.

...how neat!  The photo collection was referenced by others on another messageboard visited, and if anything I was slow to post it here.  I so wish I could have experienced the road racing scene much earlier in life 'live' if you will, whereas there you are on a family outing no less - wonderful!  Thanks, and sorry so slow to respond...

Mike K.

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 04:48:30 PM »
Greetings,

A website best negotiated with French language skills at the ready, with focus on St. Jovite, some BOSS 302 material, and modest focus upon a racer identified as Richard (Dick) Brown.  Some unexpected images, one a '69 backdated T/G Firebird wearing atypical ARE CP-200/Tran Am wheels and yet not the MIS Tunnel Port 303 paddock conversation piece.  See:

Autocourse.ca Flashback

http://www.autocourse.ca/flashback/flashback.html

...be certain to use the forward and return buttons on the bottom of each respective screen for more content may be accessed thus. 

Mike K.

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »
mike thanks for posting the link to that site. I had discovered it a while back, and meant to bring it up on the forum. under the link to dick brown #3 of the posts, are a couple of good shot of the gagnon spring, ex sunoco '67 camaro. is this the lightweight ? the shot of brown in the car shows the interior to good advantage. I found I had to drag it to my desktop to see it in a larger size, unlike the others which you just click on.  three of the shots from tremblant '68 are taken by me, and were posted on this site by the kind mr. mello !

mike s.

anything