Author Topic: rear antenna question, 67  (Read 3305 times)

qwertyme77

• View Profile
rear antenna question, 67
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:08:44 AM »
I will be replacing my rear quarters on my 67 camaro soon and was wondering about the rear antenna mounting hole in my car. Since not every camaro came with the rear antenna option, how and when was the mounting hole made. Was it punched in the manufacturing process in the press line, which I would assume meant that there would be two different panels for the assembly process, one with and one with out the hole. Or was it introduced while the car was assembled. If while assembled, was it drilled or punched with a jig in the factory?

If it was punched, could someone post the dimensions of the hole. I am in Indiana right now and my car and books are in Pennsylvania. I may be able to get access to machine tooling to make a punch for my new panel, but time is short for me to get it done.

thanx. paul.

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: rear antenna question, 67
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Going by the AIM, the cable was installed by Fisher Body but the rest was installed by Chevrolet. If this is the case, the 1.12" hole was drilled.

Ed

Ron C.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:30:16 PM »
Also the trim tag has the rear antenna option code, so if your car didnt have it it would not be on the trim tag.
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM »
Also the trim tag has the rear antenna option code, so if your car didnt have it it would not be on the trim tag.

It shows the option on my trim tag. Since I will be replacing my quarters, I am trying to replicate how it was done in the factory. Unfortunately I am in Indiana and my car is
In Pennsylvania so I can't just go out to the garage to look at my car.