Author Topic: Help needed, is this car worth buying (in Australia) $40k  (Read 6777 times)

68_4_me

• View Profile
 Help needed, is this car worth buying (in Australia) $40k

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I've been looking at a 67 SS coupe. It is currently Black body with red interior, auto trans and big block 396.

The cowl tag is as follows:

03A: March - First week, D: Red Interior
ST 67-12437: 67- Sports Coupe, NOR 85854: Norwood BODY
TR 741-Z: Red Interior/Std Seats/No Headrests, R-R: Bolero Red PAINT
WL: Fold Rear Seat, 2S: Manual Rear Antenna, 3S: Interior Decor RPOZ23
4N: SS396 (black tailpan, round radius rod), 5Yeluse Seat Belts

SO!!

My question is, is this car anything special? will it be a collectors item? what if I was to buy it and repaint it Bolero Red???

Feedback asap please

Cheers from down under 

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Help needed, is this car worth buying (in Australia) $40k
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
The car was on ebay back in December of 2004 but I don't know how much it sold for at that time. The only notes we have in the database is that it's a "Nice car painted black w/white bb stripe, spoilers, console". The seller didn't show any of the important stuff like the engine pad, axle code, etc..., so we don't know if it's numbers matching or not.

Ed

68_4_me

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 01:41:24 PM »
hmmm interesting. The bumble bee stripe is currently a deep red/maroon color!!!

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
If you can get pictures of the engine pad and the transmission and axle stampings, we can give you a little better indication of what it's worth, but without knowing if the drive train is original or not, it's a little difficult. We know it's an L35, but is it original??

We don't have the VIN so if you could let us know that as well, we'd appreciate it.

Ed
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:10:54 PM by KurtS »

68_4_me

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 11:46:05 PM »
will try and get it over the weekend...

BTW if it is original engine and trans would it be worth any more??? or woould it still just be a SS396??

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 12:06:16 AM »
Thanks. Let us know what you find.

As for worth, yes. Any car with its original drive train is worth more than one without. Same goes for original colors, interior, etc... However, even if the car still has the original engine, transmission and axle, what it's worth is hard to determine over the internet. An actual inspection of the car would be required by a First Generation Camaro expert. Here in the US we're lucky to have Jerry MacNeish. Not only a well respected expert in this field, but a fellow CRG member as well. I don't think Jerry travels to other countries to certify cars, but you might want to ask anyway. Especially if you're really serious about the car and it turns out to have the original drive train. Jerry's web site is http://www.z28camaro.com/consvcs.html and you can call him at 1-410-781-0418.

In the meantime, Daniel (another CRG member) sent me the original 2004 ebay auction information that I've posted below. The seller was a dealer, so I highly doubt he would remember the car, but if you would like his ebay ID anyway, email me off forum and I'll give it to you. My email address is in my profile.

Item number: 4513253058
Central Point, OR

1967 CAMARO 396 A/T TURBO 400 P/S BLACK ON BLACK VERY SHARP CAR

I TOOK THIS CAR ON TRADE IT IS VERY CLEAN , # SAY IT IS A 396 CAR .ALL REDON INTERIOR, NEWER PAINT .14 / 7 RALLYS BF GOODRICH TIRES. TRIM  AND BUMPERS VERY NICE SHAPE, GLASS IS VERY GOOD, ALL LIGHTS WORK, HEATER WORKS .MOTOR VERY FRESH RUNS VERY STRONG , TRANS SHIFTS VERY NICE SHIFT KIT. EVERY THING ON THIS CAR WAS REPLACED OR REBUILT .THIS IS A VERY NICE CAR NEEDS NOTHING READY TO CRUISE.
I AM A OREGON DEALER. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY ALL TAXES AND TITLE FEES THAT ARE DUE IN YOUR STATE YOU WILL BE GIVEN A CLEAR TITLE TO DO SO.CAR IS SOLD AS IS NO WARRANTY. A $2000.000 DOPOSIT WILL BE DUE AT END OF AUCTION. BALANCE DUE WITHIN TEN DAYS OF AUCTION END. CAN HELP WITH SETTING UP TRANSPORT

Ed

68_4_me

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »
FYI, plates on the car are NJOYAZ Arizona plates!!!

anything