Author Topic: 1969 Deck Lid Emblem  (Read 11657 times)

IZRSSS

Re: 1969 Deck Lid Emblem
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
Is it safe to assume the valance extention was also a dealer installed option completing the D80 pkg? I am guessing since my car has the rear spoiler w/o the thicker torsion rod, and the valance extention w/o the pre-drilled whole for the center brace that both of these were dealer installed.

In addition, is the original VE stamped?

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 09:17:35 PM »
Is it safe to assume the valance extention was also a dealer installed option completing the D80 pkg? I am guessing since my car has the rear spoiler w/o the thicker torsion rod, and the valance extention w/o the pre-drilled whole for the center brace that both of these were dealer installed.

In addition, is the original VE stamped?

The D80 RPO included the front and rear spoilers and was factory installed. The dealer (or owner) could install anything they wanted, any way they wanted at any time. If you do not have the thicker torsion rod, no extra set of emblem holes and you do not have the hole in the bottom of the front subframe you can be sure you did not have the D80 RPO. Your spoiler, or spoilers were added later.

-Mark.

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 09:39:43 PM »
Yup...

Is there a stamp on the factory valance extention (front spoiler)? If so, where is it and what does the stamp say? Trying to find out if the front VE is a repop...

IZRSSS

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »
Yup...

Is there a stamp on the factory valance extention (front spoiler)? If so, where is it and what does the stamp say? Trying to find out if the front VE is a repop...

???

anything