CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 05:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102539 Posts in 12095 Topics by 4669 Members
Latest Member: paulmanta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Model Specific Discussions
| |-+  Trans-Am Camaros
| | |-+  Ideas to share concerning 1:18 '67-'69 GMP Penske Donohue Camaros.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  All Print
Author Topic: Ideas to share concerning 1:18 '67-'69 GMP Penske Donohue Camaros.  (Read 49034 times)
Swede70

View Profile Email
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »

Greetings,

Again, quite a bit of work - albeit largely invisible.  '71 Gray Ghost hood has been laboriously worked over to render its origins invisible - ha! The '64 GTO hood features twin faux hood scoops that had first to be ground down, and then attacked with a sanding block set on edge to comprehensively reduce the remaining 'hills' that formed the raised portion of each, blending the same to the surrounding panel work, etc. A vile task and not for the faint of heart.  Other additions are new resin grilles (cleaner these, better shape, zero warpage, etc.), a new coolant overflow bottle, and rough decal mock up work that, if nothing else, raises my spirits slightly.   

Back to the '70 Titus Firebird - an interior starts to take form.  Much floor detail (contours, stiffening braces stamped-in, etc.) remains to be added.  I must start somewhere though, and hence all the awful cast-in carpeting 'detail' has mercifully been deep-sixed.  No more pedals or pads, whereas a 'consoledectomy' was performed to erase the presence of an undesired detail. Material from a spare chassis was substituted into the hole where the hideous console formerly resided, whereas block sanding again saved matters for it generally looks the business.  A bit too thick of section and too tall though, with the panel work dimensions distorted looking back; i.e. T/G replaced the trans. tunnel body with sheet aluminum rather in the fashion of some gruesome stateside mid-eighties Pro-Stock racer.  A CDI ignition unit is seen forward on the trans tunnel, whereas the rudiments of a roll cage are starting to take form.  Thanks and kind regards...

Mike K
Jon Mello
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »

Mike, that '71 Gray Ghost model is really starting to look good. The hard work is paying off. Nice job!

The Titus Firebird is looking a bit like some sort of sand buggy in that state. I'm looking forward to seeing that one take shape. Thanks for posting the updates.

Jon Mello
CRG
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: