Author Topic: Racing Camaros Book  (Read 417 times)

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
Racing Camaros Book
« on: March 19, 2021, 11:31:30 PM »
Hi everyone, I spent much of last year writing a book called Racing Camaros - An International Photographic History 1966 - 1984.

The book is approx 175 pages, and covers the advent of the Camaro and its involvement in motor racing. Much of the book spans the years 1966 through 1970, when Chevrolet played an active role in the racing programs. Although Camaros from around the world feature, the book focuses on the SCCA Trans-Am series.

It features approx 300 photos, many of which have never been published before. Although its called a Photographic History, there are over 30,000 words, plus detailed captions. I've also included some really nice pages from the Camaro homologation sheets.

Jon Mello was a huge help with the book, supplying a great amount of information and I'm forever grateful to him.

The book was published by Veloce Publishing who now have copies available. Stock is being sent to the US where you'll be able to order it from Amazon.com etc, but if you want a copy sooner, order direct from the publisher.

I'll post page and photo samples over the coming days and weeks, but Veloce Publishing have some page samples on their order page: https://www.veloce.co.uk/store/Racing-Camaros-p187276085

• View Profile
Re: Racing Camaros Book
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 11:43:03 PM »
Iíll be placing my order in a few minutes......looking foreword to checking it out!

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 11:47:03 PM »
Awesome....look forward to reading your new book!!

cruiserofland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 09:56:16 PM »
Just ordered - looking forward to it!
~Matt
'69 02D RS Z/28

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 02:47:05 AM »
Placed my order today as well. Forgot about your last book "Racing Mustangs"; they still had it in my que when I signed in (forgot and never pulled the trigger), so I ordered that too!

RichSS2006

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 11:28:07 PM »
Ordered one today. Can't wait to see it. Thanks
69 X22 L78 M21
69 Z11 L48 M20

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 03:53:37 AM »
Steve, thanks for the kind words.  I was glad to play a small part and leave the bulk of it to you and the other contributors.  That's a lot of work but I look forward to reading and enjoying the fruits of your labor!
Jon Mello
CRG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 03:52:55 AM »
Got my book in the mail today!!!

Tons of pictures ....(most of which Iíve never seen before) and an outstanding write up so far...

Excellent job Steve!!  This will seriously go down as a ďmust haveĒ publication for most of us.

anything