Author Topic: First Super Chevy Show  (Read 11762 times)

TooManyReels

• View Profile
Re: First Super Chevy Show
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
Here are the pictures that were requested from this w/e's SCS..The third photo was The Best of Show....

[IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/Esells7616/DSCN0456.jpg[/IMG]

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 12:04:30 AM »
If you want to vote for any of these cars here is the link to vote - http://bestofthebest.superchevy.com...

Like the guy that was parted beside me said " we are not going to win this show, I've been to enough of these to know who's going to win...". I asked why is that ?...Its simple...That kind of car sell magazines and looks great on the cover of SCS...

Eddie
Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
Yup...Something about highly modified cars that gets the judges attention. The Best of Show is nice but Modified's just aren't my cup of tea. They can't hold a candle to a stock/original First Gen...

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 12:16:19 AM »
That's why you need to know the guidelines for judging of any show you decide to enter...
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 01:33:29 AM »
At the end of the day. I keep this thought in mind. Its really about showing classic cars to people that likes to journey back in time. Forgets about next month rent, car payments or just to show the kids what mom and dad use to drive back when...

Now when I walk through a car show I blow past some of the cars, but when one catches my eye, by the color, the chrome, the paint job or even a big As# blowers I stop and look. Why, because I appreciate the time and effort that goes into building any kind of car.

We all seem to choose a car to buy or build based on what our dad's had, the first one that caught our eye, or we just want to hold on to a part of history, a very special time with a very special person...What was her name ?  Hummmmm !!!!

To put things in prospective - There is an older guy that lives close to me with a 1970 or 1972 Nova...He drives the car to the shows and it looks like the miles that he has on the car. Its not detailed, and could use a good waxing...He knows he is never going to win the best of show...He goes to the shows to meet people and he enjoys a simple conversation. He is the real hero of why car shows can be fun. That is until we add in the competitive edge...

Eddie
Eddie
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

IZRSSS

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 02:32:01 AM »
To put things in prospective - There is an older guy that lives close to me with a 1970 or 1972 Nova...He drives the car to the shows and it looks like the miles that he has on the car. Its not detailed, and could use a good waxing...He knows he is never going to win the best of show...He goes to the shows to meet people and he enjoys a simple conversation. He is the real hero of why car shows can be fun. That is until we add in the competitive edge...

Eddie

I think all of us can identify with this person. The guy or gal that attends show after show and never wins an award. What you say is perhaps true, in that it doesn't seem to matter if this individual takes home an award or not. Just me, but I don't think this could be farther from the truth. Why else would car hobbyists enter a competition show. Perhaps its just that some people can hide their emotions better than others.

I have attended a total of 20 shows in the short time I have owned the Camaro. More often than not you will see the same owners and their cars at show, after show, after show. There is no question the disappointment is always on their faces for going home empty handed. I had the pleasure of judging a show last year for a club that is highly respected in New Mexico and attendance to these shows is quite large. Our rides could be displayed but were not in the competition. My position with the club gave me some leverage and the ear of the clubs president. Long story short, these owners and their cars were finally recognized. The look on their faces, and that of family members was priceless. I can honestly say this was by far the best time I have had at any car show.

Moral of the story...that "clunker" over in the corner is just as important to that owner as a best of show.

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 06:35:48 AM »
And it may represent a bigger investment of time or resources (relative to income) to that owner than a high dollar super car represents to the owner who sent it out to a restoration shop, for a money is no object restoration.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

anything