CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 02:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103338 Posts in 12156 Topics by 4691 Members
Latest Member: 67Nick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  67 vert top adjustment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 67 vert top adjustment  (Read 870 times)
jimbo67rag

View Profile Email
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »

Huh Huh ???I just noticed the other day that the rag top on my 67 when fully up and secure is sitting about 3/8 of an inch short on the top of the windsheild chrome above the window.  This is causing a gap between the top of the vent window and the under side of the top. I had the top and frame removed when the car was painted and it is obvious to me now that the top is not forward enough when fully up and secure; Please does anyone know how i adjust the top frame so that i can move it forward about 3/8 of an inch.  Any help would be greatly appreciated,  Thanks  Jimbo Smiley Smiley Smiley
1968RSZ28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »

Jimbo,

The adjustment procedure is outlined in the 1967 Body by Fisher Service Manual.  Based on your description and without looking at it, you need to adjust the front roof rail forward and/or the male hinge assembly forward.  These adjustments are explained in the Fisher Manual.  Good luck.

Paul
jimbo67rag

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Paul thanks so much for responding.  I will look into it.  Thanks again.  I will let you know how it goes.  Jimbo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: