Author Topic: Revisit: Brake Pedal Height - Manual Drum to Power Drum  (Read 4088 times)

rockSS

• View Profile
Revisit: Brake Pedal Height - Manual Drum to Power Drum
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
I read the below JohnZ reply to a previous topic post regarding pedal height for a power drum to disc front brake conversion. Pertained to the brake lamp switch striker (part #3917957) that bolts in the upper hole of the brake pedal assembly.

"That striker goes in the UPPER hole in the pedal (the hole that's used for the pushrod clevis with manual brakes), and it operates the brake light switch. See the A.I.M., J50, sheet A3, item #3."

My question: I am upgrading my 4-wheel manual drum brake system to 4-wheel power drum brakes. Do I need the striker? Is there a different brake lamp switch required when going from manual to power?  If I need these, any recommendation for a source(s) where I can acquire quality repro parts?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Revisit: Brake Pedal Height - Manual Drum to Power Drum
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 02:25:42 PM »
My question: I am upgrading my 4-wheel manual drum brake system to 4-wheel power drum brakes. Do I need the striker? Is there a different brake lamp switch required when going from manual to power?  If I need these, any recommendation for a source(s) where I can acquire quality repro parts?

Yes, you need the striker, to actuate the brake light switch; the switch is the same part for both manual and power applications. All of the usual Camaro suppliers have the striker.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG