Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

PRE-1969 SCCA SEDAN CATEGORY RECOGNITION FORMS for the Pontiac Firebird

(1/3) > >>

OCTARD:
Per the subject title, these are the PRE-1969 SEDAN CATEGORY RECOGNITION FORMS for the Pontiac Firebird.  Though requested by Jon within a different thread, I'm posting as a new topic because it may be a bit easier to follow or find by future forum visitors.

Like the 1969 Z/28 Camaro forms I've previously posted, these documents were acquired from Charlton Jones.  With these forms came a note from Charlton that stated:

"These are the actual recognition papers I carried in 1969 to the Trans-Am events as series scrutineer."

-Chad

OCTARD:
Pages 3 and 4 of PRE-1969 SCCA SEDAN CATEGORY RECOGNITION FORMS for the Pontiac Firebird.

-Chad

OCTARD:
Page 5 of PRE-1969 SCCA SEDAN CATEGORY RECOGNITION FORMS for the Pontiac Firebird.  The 5 pages I have attached are all that came in my set, and I don't know if there were more.

-Chad

Jon Mello:
Really cool, Chad. Thanks for posting!

Anybody else have more of this for Firebirds?

Steve Holmes:
Thanks to Jon for directing me to this very insightful thread. These forms make for interesting reading. It never ceases to amaze me the quality information on this forum.

I know I'm going to sound like an idiot for asking this, and I apologise in advance for doing so, but other than the image of a small block Chevy cylinder head on page 3 of the forms, where on these forms does it say its legal to fit a Chevy motor into a Pontiac? Eg, if I'm a scrutineer at a 1968 T/A event, where is the proof that the Chevy motor in Craig Fisher's Firebird is allowed to be there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page