CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 04:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103780 Posts in 12188 Topics by 4700 Members
Latest Member: lpetruc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  REAR END DATE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: REAR END DATE  (Read 7293 times)
waynechipman

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 02:22:45 PM »

Haha that is pretty funny, We can agree to disagree. I was merely trying to point out how prevalent the copying has become. I have no paperwork on my car except a tiny corner of the build sheet. But I know for a fact it is a true car simply missing the original engine. I have traced owners back a bit and none had reason to lie. But that does no good for proof. But my date coded 12 Bolt posi says it all when shortly after banging second I am momentarily debating wether to keep counter steering or back off the throtle to keep her out of the ditch. Of course counter steering wins out every time. I wish I would spot more on the road. but I only take mine out once in awhile, I cannot drive it without constantly burping the gas. My Wife will not ride with me in it. It is such a blast. Funny thing though what matters most to me on these cars is the original shell being untouched. 
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 12:59:41 AM »

I'm not following your reasoning Wayne.
Real paperwork is the best documentation. Just gotta be able to ID the real stuff.

Kurt S
CRG
basecoupe#79

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 10:29:03 AM »

Well now that I know that the PoP, the bill of sale, the build sheet that I removed from the tank were all probably painstakingly reproduced by the original owner (so she says) in Long Beach is fake!!  Thanks Wayne for cluing me in on the paperwork scam.  Any body out there want to buy my cloned base coupe?  I'll be straight up front with you, the paper work probably isnt original.  Here's what my PoP says: Engine was built in Tonowanda, Jan 17 1969, DD engine. Rear axle is PA dated Jan 17 1969 at Chevy gear and axle. Vehicle was built in Feb 1969, Tranny built in Jan 9 1969, N40,J50,U63, 552 , and C60. Cry

waynechipman

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 10:49:59 AM »

Your engine dates and other dates all match up to say they are original components. I never said all paperwork was fake. But I can have duplicated any and all paperwork for these cars. So who is to say any paperwork you found is original. And You are right who would waste time to duplicate paperwork on a base Camaro, does not make sense as the original running gear on a base coupe only changes value very slightly, duplicating the paperwork on a base coupe would cost more than the increase in value it would bring. And as far as identifying rhe fake papers, I guess if you are a scientist with all the equipment you need to spot a good forgery then it wouldn't be to hard. Paperwork is not the answer to the originality of these. Date coded parts are.  Like I said before get G.M. to verify what you have by your VIN if you have any luck doing that please let me know as it would increase the value of mine tremendously.

rich69rs

LF7/M35/Z22/Z87

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 12:38:08 PM »

My '69 RS, 01C build, base coupe, has a non-posi 2.73:1 rear end, code BP, built 10/18/68 at the Detroit Gear and Axle Plant.  My car went through final assembly somewhere around the 19th or 20th of January 1969 at the Norwood assembly plant.

Richard Thomas
1969 RS
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: