CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 08:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102273 Posts in 12073 Topics by 4661 Members
Latest Member: 23bull
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Mild Modifications
| | |-+  The Hugger goes old school Pro Touring!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Hugger goes old school Pro Touring!  (Read 1161 times)
hgger69

Hugger orange rules!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:43 AM »

I've been thinkin of changing my back tires on the Hugger cause I think they look like bike tires! This is not what you expect on a muscle car today!  Undecided
I started to look around EBay for some old school wider tires. Together with some 14x7" rims could it be the recipe for me!
With help from a firend of my a couple of NOS tires were found and they even had there color marking on!:

During the winter I took all the wheels down and sent the rear rims for extension(?) to a special rim shop. The result is great and you can barley see that this isn't original 7" rims! After sand blasting and paint they look like this:

The differ between front and rear rims:

I also made a spare wheels in the same time.

I also change brand of the tires for this season to match the NOS Good Year Polyglas from EBay. The rear tires are H70-14 and the front ones are F70-14.

Here they are in place:

...have you ever heard of "old school Pro Touring" before or am I first with this expression?

Regards

Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 355, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com
KevinW

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »

Very nice! have a set of FC 14x6 in the shed to restore and get on Jinx, just like yours! Cheesy
hgger69

Hugger orange rules!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »

Thanx dude!  Smiley

Regards

Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 355, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: