Author Topic: The Hugger goes old school Pro Touring!  (Read 4891 times)

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
The Hugger goes old school Pro Touring!
« on: April 25, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »
I've been thinkin of changing my back tires on the Hugger cause I think they look like bike tires! This is not what you expect on a muscle car today!  :-\
I started to look around EBay for some old school wider tires. Together with some 14x7" rims could it be the recipe for me!
With help from a firend of my a couple of NOS tires were found and they even had there color marking on!:

During the winter I took all the wheels down and sent the rear rims for extension(?) to a special rim shop. The result is great and you can barley see that this isn't original 7" rims! After sand blasting and paint they look like this:

The differ between front and rear rims:

I also made a spare wheels in the same time.

I also change brand of the tires for this season to match the NOS Good Year Polyglas from EBay. The rear tires are H70-14 and the front ones are F70-14.

Here they are in place:

...have you ever heard of "old school Pro Touring" before or am I first with this expression?
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: The Hugger goes old school Pro Touring!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »
Very nice! have a set of FC 14x6 in the shed to restore and get on Jinx, just like yours! :D

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
Re: The Hugger goes old school Pro Touring!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »
Thanx dude!  :)
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com