CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 12:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
103369 Posts in 12160 Topics by 4694 Members
Latest Member: tumper93
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  Metering (or hold off valve)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Metering (or hold off valve)  (Read 707 times)
montgomg

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »

Have replaced the brake lines, master cylinder and booster on my 69 Z28. Bled the brakes and noticed a minor fluid leak from the rear of the round metering valve. Ordered a rebuild kit from HBC which consisted of three parts: the external rear button boot, the front o-ring and the rear cup rubber seal (which mine did not have in it when I disassembled it). Too bad the rebuild kit does not include the internal flat washer!
  Before I disassembled and now upon reassembly I noticed the bypass button on the rear of the metering valve cannot be pushed in, even when placed in the vice.
   I measured the length of the parts and then the length of the internal cavity in which they go when assembled and the distances are the same. What gives? No way for the rear button to push in! I have searched the several threads on this site and over at Team Camaro. No one seems to have run across this.
  I think there are a couple different designs of this metering valve but mine is like some others whose internals are shown on the various threads. How mine did not leak with out the rear cup seal before I replaced the other components of the system I do not know. Any thoughts from any one?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: