CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 11:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106460 Posts in 12413 Topics by 4787 Members
Latest Member: Oilron14
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  Intake paint procedure
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Intake paint procedure  (Read 1052 times)
9T4Z

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:45:24 PM »

Hey there... putting away a few parts and just wanted to be sure before I clean them up and  stored them:

Was the carburetor and distributor on the engine when it was painted orange?   L48 1969 or just the distributor?

The lift hooks were on, the dipstick was not, the water outlet was on, the exhaust manifolds were on, water pump and no pulley's?   How about the fuel pump?

thanks guys.... I read the engine assy. process and saw pics from the 67 line but wasn't too sure if anything had changed.

Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:22:37 AM »

Was the carburetor and distributor on the engine when it was painted orange?   L48 1969 or just the distributor?

The lift hooks were on, the dipstick was not, the water outlet was on, the exhaust manifolds were on, water pump and no pulley's?   How about the fuel pump?

The distributor was in place (and covered with a coffee can) when the engine was painted, but the carburetor was installed at the car assembly plant, as was the fuel pump and all the pulleys. The exhaust manifolds were installed after engine painting (that started in 1965).

Look in the Assembly Manual - any part that shows an item number and part number callout was installed at the car assembly plant, thus will not have orange paint on it.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
9T4Z

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »

Thanks John. 

I have a coffee can!    Grin  great tip.

I also have an AIM, its just that I'm moving in a couple of weeks and have no idea which box it's in!! Huh

Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS
KevinW

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »

Yes, but how do you get paint to stick to the exhaust crossover ports! Cheesy Mine are already plugged internally and externally.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: