Author Topic: Help with 'BLUE' Interior... Bright Blue vs. Light Blue vs. just 'Blue'  (Read 4900 times)

BuiltIn1966

• View Profile
Okay, this is probably simple, and I've tried to scan the forum before I asked this question, but I need help determining the BLUE color in my interior.

My 67 is an F-F car (Marina Blue), and it has a STANDARD interior of 717-Z.

Now, I know the 717 is Blue, but when I'm researching parts for it online (ie: Carpet, Replacement Vinyl, Headliner) I find Blue, Light Blue, and Bright Blue. Call me crazy (and I know one of you will), but the stuff looks Bright Blue to me, and it's original, but I know the BRIGHT is designated for the Deluxe, and I don't have that. So whether I'm at Ricks, or Year One, or Classic Industries, or oldmusclecars.com, I can't seem to ever figure out which dang BLUE I need to order, because most of those places just say BLUE.... when talking about the standard interior, and Bright Blue when talking about deluxe. I've seen LIGHT and BRIGHT at one place for the same dang part, and that's when it gets really confusing, cause I don't know what to order.

So, beyond that... a couple of other questions...
1) Has anyone used the vinyl dye (like Camaro Interior Spray Vinyl Dye part # AP-17, from Ricks) and what were the results... any recommendations, or regrets/advice?
2) The painted parts in my interior... if I repaint, is this a different blue paint then the exterior Marina Blue (code F) on my car?
3) Is there another business besides the one's I've mentioned above that I should be looking at? Anyone have any websites where good prices can be found? I seem to never wanna use YearOne because their prices seem high...

Thanks for the help....
JW
'67 base 327/210 built in Oct 66 just like me...

BlackoutSteve

• View Profile
If it's any help, all the 67 standard interior stuff that I just saw at Heartbeat City is listed as Lt Blue..
Restoring my RHD 69 Jane in Melbourne, Australia.
http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=2840

ChrisM

• View Profile
Don't know about 67, but in 68 it was possible to get standard interior with deluxe belts.  You may want to checvk this out for 67.  If available in 67 that might explain your bright blue belts and standard interior.  Maybe someone will comment.

BuiltIn1966

• View Profile
Thanks steve... I will check them out. Ive used heartbeat before, and forgot about them. I may check NPD also.

Chris, not sure what you mean about the belts. I never mentioned my belts, even ough they ARE deluxe. In fact, its one of the few things coded on the trim tag, if you can imagine that.

Anyone else?

maroman

• View Profile
What style seats do you have, it seems to make a differance.? bench bucket deluxe or standard?
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

BuiltIn1966

• View Profile
What style seats do you have, it seems to make a differance.? bench bucket deluxe or standard?

as mentioned in my first post, they are standard. I have buckets.

Knappy

• View Profile
The 717 coded standard blue interior in 67 is light blue.  Seatcovers, carpet, headliners all were light blue.  The bright blue is for the deluxe only.
There was medium and dark blue in 68 and 69.
69 COPO Camaro
67 Z-28
69 Z-28

anything