Author Topic: Does anyone know this guy out in New York that restores DZ carbs.  (Read 8937 times)

69camarox33

• View Profile
Hi CRG,

I have been trying to get a hold of Tom Zeman out in New York that restores DZ carbs along with some other brands of carbs. I have been just getting his voice mail for quite some time. I have left messages, but have not heard back from him. Usually he is really good about calling back right way?? Just seeing if anyone knows of him or has talked to him lately??

Thanks,

69camarox33

restore-z28

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone know this guy out in New York that restores DZ carbs.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 01:08:24 AM »
If you have left voicemails and he is not calling you back are you sure you want to do business with him?  Jerry MacNeish can rebuild your carb and will call you back, here is his website http://www.z28camaro.com/. The previous owner of my car had the DZ carb rebuilt from Jerry and it still works great.
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

67L78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:42:13 PM »
I recently used Custom Rebuilt Carbs.com from Middlesex,NJ. Fair price, 10 day turnaround. In 9 days I had mine back on my car and it started first try with no problems. Jerry M. does good work also. Don't send it to Holley in Bowling Green, Ky. they are a joke!!!!

427-KING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 03:21:23 AM »
Yes, Phil from custom rebuilt will always answer the phone, just dont start talking politics or you wont get him OFF the phone.    He certainly does do great work.

69z28302

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:55:29 AM »
Had mine rebuilt by Eric. I've heard nothing but good things about him.

http://www.vintagemusclecarparts.com/

Mike

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 05:14:04 PM »
Eric did mine too, but it's no slight on Jerry.  Jerry would have been the first person I would have gone to but it's a long story.
68Z28

Ron C.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 11:16:12 PM »
jerry did my 67 z/28 3910, and my distributor and they both came out very nice.
67Z/28,67RSZ/28,71SS454CHEVELLE.

McKenzieDave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »
Jerry is the answer.  Good turnaround and fantastic results.  Impressed.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »
I think I have talked to T. Zeman before but not sure?  I think he called me to tell me he had a nice supply of Holleys on hand.  But I can't be sure it was him.  I talk to so many people.

I appreciate the kind comments here.  One of the things we have tried to do is share all of what I've learned at the race track in Stock Eliminator and pass that along in the way of carb restoration to our customer base.  When we restore a carb, I do set it up to gain the most performance without changing or modifying the carb.  This comes from years of research and hundreds of hours on the dyno and reading exhaust EGT's in concert with the #610, 472, 163, 069 and 569 intake manifold runners.  There is horsepower in the jetting, power valves, needle and seats and float levels.  We have seen eight to ten hp gains just in the way of tuning.  So, if you drive your car, there can be gains in performance on the street for sure.  If you don't drive the car, then the performance angle is not as big a deal to many.  But setting up the Holleys to make them the most efficient has become quite a challenge and what we love to do at CHP.

Jerry 

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 02:23:36 PM »
Just thought of this.  One of my Stock Eliminator racing buddies, Tom Baird knows this guy.  Tom has a shop on Long Island out east and should not be hard to find.  Tom's Auto on Montawk Hwy.  This might be of some help.  I don't have Tom's numbers.  Good luck,

Jerry

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »
I purchased a carb (4053) for my Sept of 69 built Z, a little over a year ago. Tom has been in the parts business a long time and has quite an inventory of dated cores. I will say he was kinda lax in communicating. His shop is on montauk hwy in East Islip, NY. Seemed like a nice guy.
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

69camarox33

• View Profile
Hi Everyone,

I was able to get a hold of Tom out east and get everything worked out with my carb. Thanks for the responses.

69camarox33