Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Recommended Reading

(1/12) > >>

Bruce302:
I thought it would be good to share books, magazines and other publications that are what I consider recommended reading.

At the core of any camaro enthusiasts library has to be "the unfair advantge" The book by Mark Donohue, written with the guidance of Paul van Valkenberg.
Published in 1975, and selling for a measly  $ 11.95, this is the story of Mark's racing exploits, from the starting point, to the time of publication.

Sadly Mark was to die in an F1 car in Austria, the safety fence system of the time was not as good as it could have been.

While there are in depth chapters on most of the cars Mark raced, and the people he raced with and against, the real gem for us is the section on the T/A Camaros.

For many years this book was out of print, and gained almost cult status within the devotees of Mark Donohue. It was republished a few years back as a paperback, and the prices are very reasonable.

Bruce

oldtransamdriver:
Bruce, this book was reprinted in hardcover a few years ago with some updates.  I had the original edition at one time, sold it, and then received the updated version as a gift one day from Al Richards, the next owner of my ex Mo Carter 67 camaro.  I just reread the camaro chapter last year.

Robert Barg

1968RSZ28:
Amazon sells the paperback version...

http://www.amazon.com/Unfair-Advantage-Mark-Donohue/dp/0837600693

Paul

Jon Mello:
This one is another "must-have" as far as I'm concerned. Available at
www.pvanvalkenburgh.com now that he has had it republished. Great
stuff on Camaro in here & also for all Chevy racing activities from the
1957 racing ban up to 1972.

Jon Mello:
Another good one... but get the other two first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page