Author Topic: cowl induction air cleaner 67  (Read 5503 times)

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
cowl induction air cleaner 67
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:25:45 PM »
I am going to the portland swap meet in late march,early april. Hoping to find a cowl induction air cleaner setup for my car. Does anyone have a pic they could put up here for reference.  Also i would like to replace my mono leaf springs with a multi leaf of some sort.  What are my options for a direct bolt on.  Looking for cocktail shakers also.  my car is a 67 rs ss tribute, will i have a problem bolting the shakers up front due to the fact my car is a clone or is it an easy job.  Also is anyone else going to the portland meet that would like to grab a beer or two?   Jimbo   

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
Re: cowl induction air cleaner 67
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
Do you mean cowl plenum induction/air cleaner? 

They took the cocktail shakers out of your convertible?  Anyway, they used them on RS convertibles, too.  So, I imagine it can be done...

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »
Do you mean cowl plenum induction/air cleaner? 

They took the cocktail shakers out of your convertible?  Anyway, they used them on RS convertibles, too.  So, I imagine it can be done...

Anywho, an SS hood with a "closed" air cleaner is correct for an RS/SS.  Any type of cowl induction is not correct.  But if you are intent on putting a '69 cowl induction set up on, you can check the online parts vendors for pictures of the kits available.  It will show just about all the parts necessary...  Also, the '69 AIM will have it all.  Then, there are all the pictures of Z/28s for sale everywhere if you want engine pictures...

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 12:36:38 AM »
My car is a 67 rs ss tribute, mild custom, rag top.Whether it is "correct" or not is not an issue for me.  When i bought the car it had a very nice steel cowl induction hood on it.  I have seen other 67s with a cowl induction setup on them and thought it looked great.  As far as the shakers being removed at some point, i dont think that is so earth shattering when you consider the cars age and the many owners i am sure it has had.  I have done a complete mild custom restoration on the car and i am happy with how it turned out. Pics to come.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »
I e-mailed you.  I live in Beaverton and plan on going.
68Z28

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »
You may already be aware of this, but the ballasts are different each year and differ from Firebird as well.  See the stickys here, good info:

http://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 05:39:46 AM »
Sounds good!  Good luck!