Author Topic: Posting pictures information  (Read 82363 times)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Posting pictures information
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:31:51 PM »
You can upload pictures directly from your computer or phone to include in your post by using the "Attach" box. The "Attach" box shows when posting a new topic or a reply, but not when using "Quick Reply".

Images must be 200 KB or smaller.  There's a maximum of 4 attachments per post and the total of all of them can't be more than 500 KB. Make sure you crop the picture(s) to show only what needs to be shown.

Many (free) programs out there that resize picture files - almost any photo program does it. If you resize the pictures right, they don't have to be big files to be clear. Just downsize them to 700 or 800 pixels wide. If you keep the jpg quality factor lower (50 or 60 is fine), it takes up a lot less space than at 80-90 with little change in picture quality.
I use http://www.irfanview.com/ - works well and is free.
Many use http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-software/light-image-resizer/ - also free.

You can also to a picture hosting site like Flickr or Google. Both are free and pretty easy to use.
You can then copy the direct IMG code from the hosting site and paste it directly into your post. Again, you want to keep the size down to 700-800 pixels wide so it fits on the screen without scrolling and so it doesn't take forever to load for people with slower connection.

Lastly, you might change the file name as you save it so you still have the high resolution version (I just add an e to the end of the file name so I know it's been edited).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:06:58 PM by KurtS »
Kurt S
CRG

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
Re: Posting pictures information
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
Thanks KurtS     I will attempt it once again with your advice. Jimbo :) :) :)   

0-0 67

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 02:01:45 AM »
I am new to this but I have a 67 camaro I need help with

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 02:30:25 AM »
Well if you have a PC you need to re-size the pic(s) to under 200KB. If you have a mac the easiest way I have found is to take a screen shot and then go tot tools to resize the image. Or you can email the pics to me and I can post it for you. Your choice.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 06:30:51 PM »
Copied from a post from Gary 69Z28-RS

To meet the image size requirements, I suggest first using the standard PAINT program to clip out just the portion of the image you desire, and then use a program such as  Light Image Resizer to reduce the data volume (with little loss of information).  This program is free for personal use and is very flexible to you can tailor it (to achieve the results required)...
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

anything