Author Topic: My New 1968 Camaro!!!  (Read 4961 times)

Formula51

• View Profile
My New 1968 Camaro!!!
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
Hello all.

This is my first classic car and I am as happy as a kid at Christmas!  I recently traded a nice local fella my 2002 Z28 M6 for this car.  I have owned a 1995 Firebird Formula and 1985 Monte Carlo SS (w/350 crate motor, 3.73 posi rear, etc.) before this.  I have much to learn and hope to lean on ya'll for help.

The car has a 350 with a roughly 0.480 lift cam that sounds amazing!  It is backed by a TH350 transmission and a 10-bolt rear (not sure gear ratio or if it is posi).  It has single leaf rear springs that are shot, but the owner is giving me a new set of 5 leaf springs, bushings, and shocks.  I am also getting the original numbers matching 327 and 2-speed powerglide that were removed (engine was smoking).  I figure I will seal those up and keep them for when I sell the car down the road.  The car also has LS1 front disc brakes.

It is painted silver (believed to be 69' Z28 Silver, but not sure how to verify) with grey/charcoal stripes and a nice set of chrome 16" Ralley looking wheels.  The bumpers, wheel well trim, windshield trim, and door handles are painted which I intend to fix.  Car has front seats and center console from a newer Camaro that I also intend to replace with original.  Everything works from the gas gauge, to lights, windshield wipers, AC, etc.  It even has a CD player with ipod hookup in the glove box wired to two 6x9's in the rear deck.

Well, that's all for now I guess.

Regards,
Eddie

Formula51

• View Profile
Re: My New 1968 Camaro!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »
More pics

sebastien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
nice car, congrats!
Sebastien 68  327 rag top

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of the first generation Camaro Eddie. If you would like to add your car to the database, feel free to send me pictures of the VIN, the Trim Tag and the Engine Pad stamping. I'll also need your full name and city/state location.

Ed

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 06:45:32 PM »
Great car. The first one is alway very special.
Rick
69 RS/Z28

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 07:00:54 PM »
Very cool, great car to enjoy and make your own as you drive it. Have fun!

IZRSSS

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »
Nice car Ed. Welcome to the site!

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
Hey Eddie,

Congrats and welcome to the site.  To welcome you properly I would like to post your new Camaro on the home page for next month if you would like it.  Your Camaro will be the 68 of the month and everyone who visits here will be subjected...uh I mean, graced with an awesome pic of your car.  So, email me and let me know if you would like that.  Send some additional photos if you can as well.  If not, I am sure I can use one of the photos you pasted here.  Also, I would like to get a few more photos of your console and how it was installed.  Is the E-brake moved as well?

Anyway, congrats on the new ride and I really like the color.

Steve
sdkar@bellsouth.net

Formula51

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
Hey Eddie,

Congrats and welcome to the site.  To welcome you properly I would like to post your new Camaro on the home page for next month if you would like it.  Your Camaro will be the 68 of the month and everyone who visits here will be subjected...uh I mean, graced with an awesome pic of your car.  So, email me and let me know if you would like that.  Send some additional photos if you can as well.  If not, I am sure I can use one of the photos you pasted here.  Also, I would like to get a few more photos of your console and how it was installed.  Is the E-brake moved as well?

Anyway, congrats on the new ride and I really like the color.

Steve
sdkar@bellsouth.net

That would be great Steve.  I am hoping to get her all cleaned up this weekend and can send you some new/better pictures.  Unfortunately, mother nature threw my patio umbrella through my living room windows so I also have to deal with that!

As for the console, I can take some photos, but it looks to be installed with just a couple of bolts in the stock (4th Gen) locations.  Not sure of they are threaded into the tunnel, have a nut on the back of the tunnel, or maybe a tack welded nut.  The E-brake is not hooked up and the car still has the stock foot E-brake.  I will be removing the console at some point in the future and you are welcome to it at that time (just pay for shipping).