CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 11:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104713 Posts in 12247 Topics by 4719 Members
Latest Member: Baconcks
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Site Comments / Discussion
| |-+  Site Comments/Discussion
| | |-+  Quesiton to site moderator or managers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quesiton to site moderator or managers  (Read 3158 times)
genminmar

View Profile Email
« on: July 09, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »

Is there a time frame before a reply is put up after I post it because of it being reviewed for content or other. Twice now I have replied to a topic and after previewing it and posting it never appeared, I had added some pictures and then come to find out at this area of the forum that you guys wanted pictures cropped or downsized a bit. I do not think that was so much of a problem but it has been well over 15 minutes and it has not been posted. Anyhow I was just wondering as to maybe a reason for a delay. If no answer, I will write back to the topic and try to post again and see if it is a problem on my end.... Thanks Gino,
69pace

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »

I have found with Fire Fox 4x and Internet Explorer 8x that If you try to post or reply and attach photos and the pictures are too large you get an error, but from this point forward the browser session is dead. You have to close the browser tab and reload the forum, then select the thread and try your post or reply again.

1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
genminmar

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »

Thanks, 69pace....I tried it over here to respond to you and I added one picture, it did not accept and as you stated an error occured, more than likely the picture size and upload. I will try to reply to the topic and send anyone wanting to view over to PhotoBucket. This has worked for me at other forums, I just have to get the album ready. Thanks again, Gino
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »

Gino,
Your post should appear immediately if the post went thru correctly.
I've never had to close down my browser as 69pace mentions, yet. YMMV. Smiley

Kurt S
CRG
69pace

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »

Hey Kurt - it only happens when you post a picture larger then the limit, like dumping straight from an iphone.
Sometimes you get the error message but sometimes you do not - the session is just toast.
My68ss reported it a while back http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7422.0
maybe a java issue?

Brian

KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »

Thanks for jogging my memory.
They are coming out with a new version of the forum and I'll convert to it in the near future and that should address some of these glitches....

Kurt S
CRG
69pace

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:21:24 AM »

Smiley
Thanks

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: