Poll

I own a 1969 BB stamped "KC", any others out there exsist???

"KC" Big Block
1 (100%)
396 rare big block
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: "KC" stamped Big Block  (Read 21758 times)

camaroman1969

• View Profile
"KC" stamped Big Block
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:30:51 AM »
Hi!  I'm new here, so I hope I'm in the right page.  My question is, On your Engine application suffix codes.  States, "engine codes
reserved with the "MA-6" option, (heavy duty) clutch.  Says, (none known to have been produced.  I own a 1969 SS/RS 396/375,
4-speed, Camaro.    Block pad stamped "T-0215KC".  Doesn't this de-code as stated??  Please advise...thanks!!

Boston14

• View Profile
Re: "KC" stamped Big Block
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:19 AM »
Could you post a picture of the pad?

boston14
boston14

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible
Dover White with Black Top and D90 stripe, Red Standard Interior

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 12:47:39 AM »
Give me a few days and I'll take a pic of it and post.  Thanks!

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 12:55:34 AM »

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:05:18 AM »
I'm just stating what's "stamped" on my big block.  I've read alot of report findings in books and articles alike, and there were alot of Camaros built with odd ball options. I doubt everything was doucumented that was going out the door.  I have a X-22 Camaro that is stamped on the front pad "KC" and which is not a "re-stamp".  I seems all the comments are being made on what everybody has read, well, I have the real thing
right in front of me.  Even on the car shows on TV, they say that alot of different cars were made and not accounted for.  Who knows I guess.......

babaron

• 1969 L78 convertble
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »
Camaroman, just curious: how do you know it's not a restamp?  I'm curious to see a pic.  I have an L78 with a "KA" stamp that some literature says was for the L78 and other literature says only for L34.  CRG data says L34.  It's undoubtedly an L78 (visually verifed 4-bolt main caps).  I have some that say it is an authentic stamp and others who say restamp.  I would be curious to see a pic of your stamp. Thanks.
Enjoy Life!

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 02:05:37 AM »
Camaroman

???      I  believe I posted a comment last week that may have been removed....I am not sure as it it not here.

In the post is said      'don't hold your breath waiting for a pic'
What I really meant to say was that 'I am holding my breath waiting for a pic'

If my post was removed because it was inappropriate, I apologize.   If I have alzheimers and never made the post, just entirely disregard anything I post.     ???
Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 04:23:38 AM »
Hi!  I'm new here and post was not removed by me.  I joined the group for further knowledge in the 1969 Camaro hobby.  I grew up with this era car and have always admired the car for its power and looks.  I have pics of the pad on the supposedly "KC" stamped block.  Just having a hard time "up-loading them.  I got to thinking, just say block isn't a true "KC" stamped block.  Why would someone stamp that particular "lettering"???  Who knows..........otherwise, I believe
block could be a "JH" block, 396/manual trans.  Block pad has paint on it and alternator is in the way, but I'm going to get a closer look at it Sunday.  We just finished this car, 7 year project, all orginal correct car.   Don

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 06:05:31 AM »
Gary,
I pulled that post. I didn't find that comment constructive, esp towards a new member. 
I see enough BS on other sites that I want to keep the positive tone that this forum always has. :)

No worries...
Kurt S
CRG

babaron

• 1969 L78 convertble
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »
Camaroman 1969, the photos to upload have to be less than 100kb (pretty small) or they won't upload.  Try emailing one to yourself and when the PC asks if you want to shrink it to a smaller size, click on the smallest size (hopefully less than 100kb) Then save that emailed photo to your desktop and then try uploading that one to the post.

Ron
Enjoy Life!

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 02:33:41 PM »
You might also want to start a 'web Album' There are lots of programs that allow you to upload a large file to the Web to keep important pics available. Picassa is free from Gogle, Webshots is another. Then you can link to the picture and it wil bring up a separate picture of any size, in a separate browser window.  A little tricky at first but gets easier.

Yes a pic is worth a thousand words...
Gary 9T4Z

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
Camaroman 1969, the photos to upload have to be less than 100kb (pretty small) or they won't upload. 
Actually, the size limit on this forum is 150 kb per picture.
4 attachments per post max and the total of all of them can't be more than 300 KB.

If you resize the pics right, they don't have to be big files to be clear. Just downsize them to 700 or 800 pixels wide and keep the jpg quality factor lower (50 or 60 is fine). The jpg quality factor is key - it takes up a lot of space at 80-90, but it doesn't really make a better picture. http://www.irfanview.com/ works well and stores them with a little better picture quality than some of my other photo programs and is free.
And remember to crop the pictures first. :)
Kurt S
CRG

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
Or link it to a picture hosting site like PHOTOBUCKET. It's free and there's no limitation on size. You can then copy the direct IMG code and paste it here.

Ed

IZRSSS

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »
I have pics of the pad on the supposedly "KC" stamped block.  Just having a hard time "up-loading them.  

It took me forever to figure out how to post pics on this site so don't feel alone. Here is a link that might help. Just take your time with it. Before you know it you'll be posting pics like a pro. If you have questions after you've tried this link and you do not want to post it here feel free to send me a PM (personal message). To do this just click on "IZRSSS" at the upper left hand corner of this post. Then click on "Send This Member a Personal Message".

Good luck.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=7215.0

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 01:46:19 AM »
Camaroman

???      I  believe I posted a comment last week that may have been removed....I am not sure as it it not here.

In the post is said      'don't hold your breath waiting for a pic'
What I really meant to say was that 'I am holding my breath waiting for a pic'

If my post was removed because it was inappropriate, I apologize.   If I have alzheimers and never made the post, just entirely disregard anything I post.     ???
Gary 9T4Z