Poll

I own a 1969 BB stamped "KC", any others out there exsist???

"KC" Big Block
1 (100%)
396 rare big block
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: "KC" stamped Big Block  (Read 21780 times)

camaroman1969

• View Profile
Re: "KC" stamped Big Block
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »
Gary,  I have pic of pad stamp with the letter's "KC".   I want to post them, but having trouble
up-loading them.  I'll keep trying.  Don

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 02:06:34 AM »
Don, if you can't post them, send them to me and I'll host them for you. My email address is in my profile.

Ed

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 02:46:37 AM »
I hope I got it.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 02:47:18 AM »
More to come.
Daniel  

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 02:48:34 AM »
Last of all I have.
Daniel  

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 04:39:06 AM »
Sorry, but that was not stamped at Tonawanda. :(
The gang stamp used there would not allow the T and the 0 to overlap. And the gang stamp would have held the characters in alignment.
Kurt S
CRG

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 12:07:13 AM »
Kurt, I dis-agree!!!!   I talked to Jerry McNeish and he said back then anything was possible. 
Does everything have tobe "ganged" or be 100% straight tobe correct????  I say no. I've seen
alot of stampings that are not straight or ganged on many cars over the years and all these
owners claim to have correct blocks.  I say more research needed  on this topic. 

IZRSSS

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 12:40:26 AM »
Its difficult to tell without a clearer pic, but your deck appears to be awfully smooth... ???

camaroman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 01:27:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply but, when looking at the pad with the naked eye, you can see the "cast surface" of the pad.  Pad's I've seen that have been decked,leave swirl tool marks on pad.  This
is what I have, and I'm leaving it like this.  Car has gone thru a frame-off restoration.  This may be my last post here.....it seems like you have to have a perfect car to chat here.  Later......

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 03:34:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply but, when looking at the pad with the naked eye, you can see the "cast surface" of the pad.  Pad's I've seen that have been decked,leave swirl tool marks on pad.  This
is what I have, and I'm leaving it like this.  Car has gone thru a frame-off restoration.  This may be my last post here.....it seems like you have to have a perfect car to chat here.  Later......

My car isn't perfect.  I know the transmission is not numbers matching. The block casting date and engine stamp don't jive.  The members of this forum have helped me prove it is a X33 D80 car.   Members on this site have a wealth of knowledge about the first generation Camaro and I thank every member here for that knowledge.  Maybe you need to get Jerry to certify the car.

Good luck with your project and be safe!

Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 03:44:02 AM »
One more thing, I have to agree with Marty and say I don't see the broach marks.
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 03:49:43 AM »
Gentlemen, I doubt we'll ever hear from Don again so there's no reason to continue. He didn't get the answer he wanted so he'll probably not reply. I also doubt he'll get Jerry to certify the car since Jerry would confirm it's a restamp and again, it's not what he wants to hear.

Let's just let this one fade to black and concentrait on other things.

Ed

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
Kurt, I dis-agree!!!!   I talked to Jerry McNeish and he said back then anything was possible. 
Does everything have tobe "ganged" or be 100% straight tobe correct????  I say no. I've seen
alot of stampings that are not straight or ganged on many cars over the years and all these
owners claim to have correct blocks.  I say more research needed  on this topic. 
And what was Jerry's comments on this particular stamp??
Sorry to not tell you what you want to hear, but the research has already been done, both in the Camaro world and by NCRS.
Kurt S
CRG