Author Topic: Wanted: Vintage photographs, programs, information, etc...  (Read 41314 times)

68camaro

• View Profile
Re: Wanted: Vintage photographs, programs, information, etc...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 04:56:24 PM »
I am new to vintage racing, 68 Camaro in A-Sedan or TA class, with about ten races under my belt.  I am looking for information relating to historical tire size.  SVRA allows for Hoosier 10 inch tires for the AP corvettes, my club CVAR allows them generally if you can make them fit!  Is there any information regarding whether or not any first gen TA racers used 10 inch front tires back in the day?  Actually front or back the ability to run the 10/25.5 versus 9.5/26.5 in the back allows for some effective gearing options as well.  SVRA tire grid allows the 10 inch tires for the second gen Camaro and it seems reasonable to me that there would have been overlap in the model years and perhaps some tire utilization overlap as well.  Thanks. 

Bruce302

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 06:22:58 AM »
T/G racing, Jerry Titus and Terry Godsall, ran some "rear tires" on the front of their Firebirds according to some reports.
My guess is that they used 7.00 x 15 but couldn't be sure. Perhaps a search of photos and period articles would uncover some specifics.

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
FWIW,
When we interviewed Rick Titus (son of Jerry), back in the early 1990s for a TV/video on Trans-Am cars, he had some great incite to what his father had accomplished. I can try and find the master tapes and re-view them for the complete conversations.
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)