Author Topic: Trunk Pictures of 69' Z/28, Quartered??  (Read 17912 times)

IZRSSS

Re: Trunk Pictures of 69' Z/28, Quartered??
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »
If you blow up Danny's pic and look just beyond the weld you can see what appears to be a screw...

Nothing has been said referencing a gap. Simply stated, the metal appears elevated at the bottom of the "water mark".

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 02:35:28 AM »
Good camera work and blow ups by you folks, I'm beginning to see everyone's opinion in the pictures, I guess it's like reading clouds. A physical inspection should tell the truth, even looking in the vent hole as mentioned or getting a hand on it. If it is where 2 metal liners meet then rust can create between them and actually separate them slightly (think threshold pinch weld).

Danny, what does the guy claim and based on what. Will he allow for a physical inspection by you or a third party. There are people who inspect cars for a living and yes some are bozos ( no offense to clowns) but what a little research and references you should be able to get someone qualified if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself.

mark x22

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 02:36:23 AM »
The best thing Danny can do is get inside and feel this spot , if its welded it should be easy to feel , if its a stain it will be smooth .

IZRSSS

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 12:09:16 PM »
Mark's comments have made the most sense. I hope Danny takes his advise. I also realize I have over analyzed this subject {last one- Scouts Honor}, and in the process have lost some of you. Everything I have mentioned is outlined in the pic...for whatever its worth...

In addition, I am not really sure what the big deal is. Even if it has been quartered, it certainly hasn't been the first nor will it be the last...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:18:57 PM by IZRSSS »

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 01:38:17 PM »
That 1/8 is not a gap. It's apparent in JPEGs 230 and 232. My car has similar disclorations and the white drainage lines and irregular deposits and disclorations. The manipulated part is simply varying discloration. That is not a screw point and that panel has not been lapped there. If they lapped the panel where are the heat marks from tigging or migging? Is it being stated they lapped it and the rest of the quarter patch extends all the way to the jamb?
Anyone who actaully does their own bodywork, welding and fabrication would understand these points. I've worked on these cars, other models and countless others in the collision industry. Whose quarter panel with the GM sticker is in one of the pictures? I'm sure they know that panel has been changed even if they did not do it themself. I'm not being condescending but people with zero bodywork or metal fabrication skills should not look at cars to purchase without someone knowledgeable present. They get screwed more often that not.

L78 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »
Mark's comments have made the most sense. I hope Danny takes his advise. I also realize I have over analyzed this subject {last one- Scouts Honor}, and in the process have lost some of you. Everything I have mentioned is outlined in the pic...for whatever its worth...

In addition, I am not really sure what the big deal is. Even if it has been quartered, it certainly hasn't been the first nor will it be the last...

I don't have anywhere near the experience as Sauron327 but I don't see any evidence of panel replacement in the pic. above.
69 Z/28 Dover White. SOLD
67 SS/RS Mt. Green 1W,2LGSR,3SL,4K,5BY,07C. SOLD
70 Nova L78 Blk. Cherry,Sandalwood,M21,02B

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
Well guys, I greatly appreciate all of your knowledge. I would say this, I am not as concerned with the drivers side as I am that prominent white line on the passenger side. I will still take advice on both of course. But it's that darn white line that bugs the heck out of me. And the car is WAY to far to go look, and I don't have the extra funds right now to send someone to see it. I am stretched out six different directions. I will be seeing this car again possibly in the next 2 or 3 months. And at that time you can bet I will lay in the trunk sideways and reach back as far as I can and check these area's well. AND take some more pictures. I don't have the knowledge to even guess on this. And more info is still appreciated. I am going to look at a JL8 car this weekend and for fun, I am going to see if I can do the trunk shuffle. Thanx everyone as always.......Danny 

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 11:40:23 PM »
Where is it, there are members all over maybe someone can look for you. I travel for a living and might be in the area as well. Most would be glad to look at it, just for he pleasure of looking at it.

anything