Author Topic: 69 cowl induction  (Read 4475 times)

nogoty

• View Profile
69 cowl induction
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »
  Kind of in a bind here I put a 454 in my 69 with a Weiand stealth intake Eldlebrock carb and im thinking its way too tall to use the reproduction cowl induction kit. What intake do I need to make this work? I measured the intake and its about 5 1/2 inches from the deck, and the top of the carb is just about level with the cowl, and Im using an aftermarket 2 inch cowl hood.   Please help!!

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: 69 cowl induction
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
Sounds like you have two main choices to me. Get a shorter intake, or a taller aftermarket cowl hood. Other choices are possible, but expensive (like lower the engine).
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

BlackoutSteve

• View Profile
Re: 69 cowl induction
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
A much easier solution is to modify the cowl's air cleaner base. From memory, I took either 5/8" or 7/8" of and re-attached the seal-flange.
My GM hood closes against the seal no problem, and I have small block frame mounts and a Victor Jnr.  ;)
(I milled the Vic Jnr's carb flange the factory 4° like OE as they are "square" out of the box)

*** Steve, the picture link tried to run a script file - not good. I removed the link and attached the pic.****
*** Kurt
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:25:06 PM by KurtS »
Restoring my RHD 69 Jane in Melbourne, Australia.
http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=2840

anything