Author Topic: Front Bumper Guard Install  (Read 12575 times)

tmodel66

• View Profile
Re: Front Bumper Guard Install
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 01:08:44 AM »
Marty look at the thread right below this one about the trim/cowl tag. Click the eBay link and look at the front bumper in the picture. It shows it plain as day. They cover the tear drop.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

IZRSSS

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 01:11:14 AM »
Sweet...thats the head on shot I was looking for!

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 07:00:07 PM »
The lower attaching holes on V31 units were fixture-pierced in the valance panel before it was painted

John,

Just wanted to mention there are two flat washers welded in place on the inside of the valance exactly where the lower brackets are attached. Can you tell me if these were done at the factory?

At any rate, the guards are on the car.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »
The lower attaching holes on V31 units were fixture-pierced in the valance panel before it was painted

John,

Just wanted to mention there are two flat washers welded in place on the inside of the valance exactly where the lower brackets are attached. Can you tell me if these were done at the factory?

At any rate, the guards are on the car.

My original 02D car has its original factory-installed V31 front bumper guards, and there are no welded-on washers; just the nut and lock washer on the end of each lower bolt, as shown in the Assembly Manual.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »
Not a perfect fit but they'll work...

jacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:57 AM »
Nice job Marty! Ready for Southwest Muscle car Nationals?
69 Z10,69 ss396Chevelle, 71 Corvette

IZRSSS

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 02:17:40 AM »
I guess...buffed out the rocker moldings today and will set them aside until the show. Seems like scratches appear on these if you look at them the wrong way. Added a few small items that were missing. I'll begin detailing the engine...the underside...buff out the paint...detail the interior...buff and polish exterior chrome & on & on & on. Will begin all this fun stuff about two weeks before the show.

Will you be coming down?

Thanks Jack

jacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »
I dont think I can make it this year.I know what you mean about the scratches,once I got the car home from paint I put it back together.Then I started finding small scratches & 2 chips in the paint.Its down at the paint shop now getting those things fixed.Should have it back this week. Now I need to fix the Tach,wiper motor,& radio,they were working before :( Thats why I sold my other cars ones enough for me.I might actually get to drive this thing by the end of the month,its only been about 31yrs!! ;DGood luck say hello to Matt!

jacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 11:48:16 PM »
Ohh ;D I mean 22 yrs I drove it once to Matts first Southwest Muscle Car nats. in 89,let me know how it goes!

anything