CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 09:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105681 Posts in 12340 Topics by 4754 Members
Latest Member: Jake
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  XT wheels with trim rings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: XT wheels with trim rings  (Read 1622 times)
x66 714

View Profile Email
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »

Did XT wheels ever have trim rings as an option? I have XTs & YHs I could use during the restoration of the X66 car. Daytona yellow wheels & body seems a little much for me & I think the trim rings could tone it down a bit.......Joe

See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969
jeff68

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »

For 1969, RPO P06 was for wheel trim rings to be used with the base 'dog dish' hub caps.

IMO, the trim rings look a little unusual with the body color wheels and the dog dish caps.  If you paint the wheels silver it looks pretty sharp

68 L30 / M20 Convertible
Ash Gold
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »

If you're not interested in original, but want the dog dish caps, paint the wheels black.  Black goes well  with Daytona yellow. But I agree with Jeff,  trim rings and dog dish aren't a good combo.

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:26:24 PM »

Realized that I didn't finish my last thought in agreeing with Jeff... "unless you pull them together with silver wheels..."

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA (and restoring a 40 Buick Special for it)
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair, presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA, is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast USA."
69 4 Speed

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:49:09 AM »

There's a 69 RS/SS L78 2 owner car that belongs to a member of our club that is a factory XT car with trim rings and it looks fantastic. It's  Hugger Orange w/ black vinyl top. Mine is the same color combo and wheels but a 350. I think that your car would look great and dont paint the wheels silver or black. Keep it the factory look.
jeff68

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »

There is a picture on the GM Photo Store web site showing a 69 with the dog dish & trim rings.  You can barely see that the wheels are still body color.
http://www.gmphotostore.com/1969-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-Coupe/productinfo/53218251/

In a sea of rally wheels, I have been thinking about running trim rings with dog dish caps on my 68.  Originally, my wheels were black since they had P01 wheel covers.  I actually painted one of my wheels (Ash Gold) and installed the trim rings & dog dish caps.  IMO, it didn't look very good.  I sprayed the wheel argent silver, installed the caps & rings, and it looked really good.  So, now my choices are; 1) Body color wheels with dog dish only, or 2) Silver wheels with dog dish & trim rings.  Decisions, decisions...

68 L30 / M20 Convertible
Ash Gold
hgger69

Hugger orange rules!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 06:48:16 AM »

In a sea of rally wheels, I have been thinking about running trim rings with dog dish caps on my 68.  Originally, my wheels were black since they had P01 wheel covers.  I actually painted one of my wheels (Ash Gold) and installed the trim rings & dog dish caps.  IMO, it didn't look very good.  I sprayed the wheel argent silver, installed the caps & rings, and it looked really good.  So, now my choices are; 1) Body color wheels with dog dish only, or 2) Silver wheels with dog dish & trim rings.  Decisions, decisions...

I made the same decision a couple of years ago based on the same reason! I still think this looks great on a 1 gen Camaro! Smiley

Regards

Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 355, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: