CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 08:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97527 Posts in 11718 Topics by 4581 Members
Latest Member: Cooper48
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Decoding/Numbers
| | |-+  Where Should I Start
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where Should I Start  (Read 1036 times)
TooManyReels

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »

I'm going to help a friend of mine try and find out the history behind his recently restored RS 1969 Z/28 camaro..We know the car was an original North Carolina car with about 44,000 (something) original miles and the first and last owners are no where to be found yet. 

I have asked to current owner to send me the vehicle vin # and I will start with NCDMV to see if that gets me anywhere,,,

I would appreciate guidance in the right directions to save some wasted effort since this guy lives 3 hours from me..Plus I would not do it he was not such a nice guy...I'm thinking these steps for now..
- First - Vehicle vin #
- Second - Car Tag Info.
- Third - Post car tag information on CRG..
- Fouth -
- Fifth -

Any thought or ideas would be appreciated.
Eddie

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8
IZRSSS
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »

How did your friend acquire the car? It appears by what you say (last owners are no where to be found), your friend purchased the car from a second party...maybe an auction? You also said the car was recently restored...By whom? Were there any documents given to your friend?  Fill us in on as many details as possible.  

It would be wise to post the VIN# and if possible a pic of the Cowl Tag (Car Tag). If you need help decoding these as well as anything else you came to the right place. You'd be amazed at what can be found on this site... especially when it comes to Z's.
TooManyReels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »

These are the kinds of question I need..I'm sure my friend knows who he bought the car from since he has a title, but that person is the one that is no where to be found now...I did speak to the restoration shop and they are willing to help where they can...I will request this information from the current owner and get back to you once I have more information. !!!!

Eddie

Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8
tom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:39:11 AM »

Google, and other search engines can be helpful tools if you are trying to locate the last owner. I would make a copy of the documents before going to motor vehicle, since I will forget that info eventually. Post and google the vin, if there is a known history you may get lucky (or unlucky). Post a photo of the trim tag, get the experts opinions. Download the trim tag decoder from this site. It decodes the information on the tag for you.

Welcome, and good luck! 

69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speedo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: