Author Topic: Courtesy Light Option  (Read 13236 times)

IZRSSS

Re: Courtesy Light Option
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »
Thanks Ed...got it. :-[

IZRSSS

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 02:05:26 AM »
Okay... The only thing I have to go on is U25. The first pic is of AIM U25, View A, B, & C are highlighted. Pics 2, 3, & 4 reference each one. If you'll notice, there should be a wire coming out of each of the two connectors leading to the Lamp ASM, Obviously they aren't. These wires' could have been yanked, or perhaps never existed.

I'm leaning towards what Ron mentioned, here's why. I remember having a conversation with a guy who worked on the final details of the restoration. He mentioned that he had a horrible time with the fiber optic wiring. To this day there are issues. If what Ron is saying is true, and the FO wiring is part of the ZJ9 ASM then the riddle is solved... I think... ???

Pics B & C should be switched

Any Fiber Optic experts out there... :-\

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 02:06:14 AM »
More pics...

IZRSSS

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:04 AM »
See if there is an orange glovebox light wire coming out of the underdash wiring bundle, although it was also part of the deluxe interior option at least on a '68. Hope this helps, RonM.
Ron...is this the orange wire you are talking about?  :)

RonM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 04:20:47 AM »
If you are talking about the wire with the connector, it looks like the wire on my car but mine does'nt have a connector on it. The wire has a light socket for the glovebox and it goes into the wiring harness by the heater control. To be clear, I'm only talking about the ashtray light with regards to fiber optics. I can only tell you what is on my car which is a '68. Hope this helps, RonM.

IZRSSS

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 04:26:04 AM »

IZRSSS

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Here's a great thread on Team Camaro that shows the trunk light...http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=172919

Great pics by Fred Ficarra. I'm pretty sure the orange car has fiber optics. U can see the cable going through the trunk pan. There is also a slick setup for a drain tube.

Can anyone tell me if Ricks light set up is good, or are there any other sources that would work better for a numbers car?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:02:07 PM by IZRSSS »