Author Topic: Galen Glovier  (Read 7843 times)

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
Galen Glovier
« on: December 29, 2010, 03:24:30 PM »
I hear the name Galen Glovier as having "documented" a lot of Mopars. Is he to Mopars what Jerry Mac is to 67-69 Camaros?

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
Re: Galen Glovier
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »
I guess you could say that.

http://www.gvgovier.com/
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:29:59 PM »
Yes, the problem has come in the last few years. He is a one man show and his wife got sick and he let is business fall apart. His customer service was never what I hear Jerry's is and he kepts his info very tightly guarded. He also collects items and then charges for them. He has a number of services for different prices and is very knowledgeable. He has done a lot of great things for the Mopar hobby, but as of late I have heard it has been a crap shut to deal with him. I have registered all my cars with him just as records and sent him copies of my build sheets and others that I have.

basecoupe#79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 09:31:25 AM »

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »
Galen is the top dog when it comes to Mopar vehicles. A friend of mine owns several cars and he is always telling me about how good Galen is, of course I'm always throwing Jerry M in his face....As I can call Jerry for free and ask questions and Galen charges for his time.
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »
Galen provides a good service for the Mopar community.  I don't charge for phone calls.  My feelings are this, treat your customers right and you'll do fine in the business, and have plenty of business.   After so much travel over the past few years, it does get old.  Airports, security, etc.  It's more rewarding for me to build engines and do the parts work.  I enjoy that more.  I've enjoyed being at home for the past two weeks too!

Setting the national record with the new Z28 race car has helped alot to bring in the engine rebuilds.  We have seven at the machine shop now including another ZL1, and there's more waiting to ship to us once I have some done and cleared out and back to the customer. 

Knowing the little tricks and still keeping the engine factory stock is a challenge for me and very rewarding.  The dyno sheets tell me that.

Happy New Year,

Jerry   

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 08:28:27 PM »
After reading the yenko thread i begin to question gloviers integrity.  I have a 69 A12 super bee in my shop and  we were thinking about calling him.  no more.   I have used jerrys service before i do not believe he would be involved in something like this. 

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 12:44:59 AM »
His name came up again on Moparts. Just read the first post of the thread to get the idea.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Test&Number=6386565&page=0&vc=1&fpart=1

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 02:18:30 AM »
Never been to a Mopar site before:  boy those guys angry!!!
Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 02:27:44 AM »
Some days, some time, it makes for good entertainment though. If you really want to stir the pot, just mention something faked or rebodied. There are a bunch of good guys and intensive knowledge on the board though, and most will help you in a heart beat.

67pACe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »
I don't wish to comment on Galen, having never dealt with him. But wanted to say I've seen a fair assortment of cars that needed tons of bodywork and wish to applaud those who DO take on the task of restoring the vehicle. Thinking most of them do it as a hobby and thankful for it. If a purchaser is looking at ANY vehicle they need to do their homework on hidden VINs.