Author Topic: Body color on firewall  (Read 14115 times)

tmodel66

• View Profile
Re: Body color on firewall
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
Thanks ChevyThunder!!  This is a good shot to give him an idea of what I'm wanting.  BTW  It's lookin' good!!!!
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

Oaklyss

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
Could someone please post a clean and crisp picture of a firewall  so I can show my painter how the firewall had over spray on it. We go to paint in a couple weeks and he has never saw what I'm talking about. He says no problem but I'd like for him to see first hand what I want.
Here are some pics of my survivor 69 SS. VN built, black out is not even from side to side, and runs over the top of the cowl on the left side:

69 RSSS ZL-2 4 speed, mint unrestored 04A LA built-SOLD
1968 GTCS mint unrestored original paint
1972 AMX 401 4 speed, cowl induction, twin-grip, A/C, unrestored, original paint
1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire factory Turbo and Methanol injection, 4 speed, posi, 1 of 4 known to exist

Oaklyss

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
Left side black oversray on top of body color on cowl:

right side, orange on top of cowl tag, looks like black out was sprayed from under the car or from inside:
69 RSSS ZL-2 4 speed, mint unrestored 04A LA built-SOLD
1968 GTCS mint unrestored original paint
1972 AMX 401 4 speed, cowl induction, twin-grip, A/C, unrestored, original paint
1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire factory Turbo and Methanol injection, 4 speed, posi, 1 of 4 known to exist

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Now that's interesting. I have seen a lot of cases where there are signs of body color overspray on the front face of the firewall, which led me to believe the black firewall was painted first and the body color came later. I think this may be the first case of where there is black overspray on the top of the cowl as done by the factory (not an owner-applied spray can job).

-Jon
Jon Mello
CRG

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
right side, orange on top of cowl tag, looks like black out was sprayed from under the car or from inside:

When the firewall blackout was sprayed, there was no front clip on the car - it was just the body shell from the firewall back, and it was sprayed from the front.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG