Author Topic: Future First Gen Values  (Read 29085 times)

rsr

• View Profile
Re: Future First Gen Values
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 02:26:47 AM »
I also agree that the market will always be there for the first gen camaro most likely the greatest muscle car of our time but the younger generation will not pay the big $$$ these cars have seen in the past!!IMHO the new cars today will be the craze of the teen age kids 15-25 years down the road.These old 60s cars will be getting less collectable because the buyers aren't interested in them enough to spend much money to get one.Richard said it best "if I need food or shelter" the project camaro will go! I got my 67 in 1973 for 800.00 and I was told several times that year I paid too much!!! I just hope we all get a chance too discuss this subject again in 2020 so it will seem clearer!!! Merry Christmas!!!   RSR

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 02:19:21 PM »
Great topic.   Price will taper off, but interest will just move up the year chain a bit.  My 20 year old son drives my 91Z and comes to car shows and does the major load/unload and set up. Took till he was 16 or 17 to really fire him up. He's a GTP guy also... so the definition of muscle will evolve.  My 16 year old daughter craves a teal third gen camaro.. so their still is hope.
Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS

zman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 01:44:23 PM »
My son has been around my cars all his life and he's hooked too. He's anxiously awaiting for me to pass my cars on-which is a good thing maybe he will get them running :) I think the demand for the muscle cars will be around as long as the baby boomers are. Although fewer and fewer will know how to fix them. when I started dating my wife in 79 I told her I had a Z28 and she was expecting the car Spicoli totaled in Fast times at Ridgemont, she looked at my 69 and well, you how the nose turned. She has come around. Its all about the history - Kinda a shame that there is no Z now but what they are planning sounds good! 
Rich
69 RS/Z DZ302 Daytona bumble bee
69 T/A clone LS6/6sp
69 Nova SS 396

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
I think the preservation of this hobby lies with us. My son who is currently 6 years old loves my Camaro's, in fact he has laid claim to most of my collection and my two daughters could care less as they just like going for rides. If we instil in them early enough the respect and what it takes to preserve the legacy of these cars they will listen. I've never attended a car show without my wife and all of our children present. I agree the hobby is not growing at the speed we would like to sustain the long term viability of these cars, but I also think these cars are like an investment and will only grow over time. The pool of people buying and selling will be less in 25 years but the people will still know what these cars are and will still pay a premium to buy.
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

IZRSSS

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 09:07:07 PM »
It's certainly reassuring to read comments such as these. It is obvious by your statements, your cars have close family ties. For many of us, some of our fondest memories of family are spent at shows, weekend drives, and socials involving our cars. Despite everything that has been said, we are only assuming history will repeat itself. When you consider how many others are out there who share these same values, beliefs, and passion, not to mention the remaining 2 of the big 3 fanatics, I would have to say this classic is here to stay!

I can't help but revert back to the Big 3 Automakers bringing back these classics. I honestly believe this will have a significant impact on their longevity. Unless I'm wrong, I can't think of any other cars that have had such a significant impact in the US automotive market, or any other market for that matter.  

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »
I think there is something to be said for your point about the big 3 re-issuing the popular body styles with a modern touch. Ultimately people will connect to their roots and create/feed the market for the old stuff.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 03:23:12 PM »
I think there is something to be said for your point about the big 3 re-issuing the popular body styles with a modern touch. Ultimately people will connect to their roots and create/feed the market for the old stuff.

Enjoy the variety now while we have the chance. Beginning in 2016, manufacturers will have very little choice in what they can build and sell, and consumers will have drastically reduced flexibility in terms of what they can buy due to the federal requirement for 36 mpg fuel economy.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »
So is an electric motor in Camaro's future?  :'(  :o  ::)
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

IZRSSS

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 06:36:07 PM »
Gotcha Surrounded...Slowly Step Away From The Eggnog...

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 04:04:34 PM »
This was posted on that other sight I play on and I wanted to share it.

I don't think the price will go up for this car in 10 years, too many classics on the market, to many old guys, not enough interest from younger (under 40yo) :twocents:  :pot:

Plus many can get an instant musclecar fix just by signing and driving away in one of the current new car offerings (Mustang GT, Challenger R/T, Camaro SS) without going through the ex$pense and aggrevation of restoring an old car. :twocents:

The first part is what most have recognized for years, however the second part I believe to be very significant as it relates to the future of our cars. I for one had not thought about the new stuff in that light, but he is right.

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
Could be the resurrection of the original muscle car era 60's - early 70's in my book, will buck the expectations due to the new muscle car era, and all the modern tributes to the cars of the day. Camaro, charger, challenger are all back, mustang, vette, still going will inspire a younger generation to appreciate, and desire the cars that inspired todays muscle cars......
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

vtfb68

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 06:04:45 PM »
Guys,
 Notice that a POS Rat Rod  will bring a higher price than an original of the same car.
 The prices being paid for muscle cars and parts are scaring people away, It has priced me out of my own hobby (I'm too cheap), made me reluctant to part with my parts. Profiteers drive up prices. How many of us are our worst enemies?
  Victor
68 05C LA RS/SS U2 712 L34 M21 BR
68 08E LA RS Y2 749 L30 M35
67 11B LA  RS/SS M-1 797-Z L48 M21  Convertible

427-KING

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »
When COPO camaros were doing 250K, all the "enthusiasts" were saying they couldnt wait for the market to drop so they could afford one    Now that real COPOs are as low as  90K-100K , the enthusiasts STILL arent buying?   The reason is people will buy whether its 90 or 250, the only requirement is that the current market value is twice what they are paying. 

IZRSSS

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »
Enjoy the variety now while we have the chance. Beginning in 2016, manufacturers will have very little choice in what they can build and sell, and consumers will have drastically reduced flexibility in terms of what they can buy due to the federal requirement for 36 mpg fuel economy.

John, I've heard bits and pieces of this on the news & how automakers are being pressured by Congress to make these changes. However, the news hasn't mentioned the details. Can you fill us in?

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

anything