CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 01:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97157 Posts in 11687 Topics by 4578 Members
Latest Member: ronhill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Package Tray Paint
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print
Author Topic: Package Tray Paint  (Read 6051 times)
Charley

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »

Here are pics of my 9800 mile unrestored 6 cylinder car. It is a suede type finish that looks the same as the dash.

Charley

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »

I posted bigger pics on Yenko.net so you can see the finish better.   http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=482559&#Post482559

and another thread on the car to give you background on how orig it is.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=457136&page=1

-vellu

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 02:55:45 PM »

Old topic, but I add my own work here.

Not Package Tray Paint, but maybe the same output. I used Eastwood Trunk Paint Aerosol. Just very thin single layer. (I tried this for the trunk, but it was not good enough for that purpose). The pattern is very low and therefore it did not fit to the trunk paint so good.

When it was dry, I painted basic matte black on top of it.

I think the result is acceptable. What do you guys think?

1969 restoration project
Located in Finland, Europe
janobyte

1968 z/28

bajcer@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »

mmm--mines been untouched and  appears low gloss, not flat by no means but non reflective. no texture. Actually a very smooth finish. Opinions may vary but been with this car 38 years and know the other owners.
Sauron327

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »

Not Package Tray Paint, but maybe the same output. I used Eastwood Trunk Paint Aerosol. Just very thin single layer. (I tried this for the trunk, but it was not good enough for that purpose). The pattern is very low and therefore it did not fit to the trunk paint so good.

Too much texture. Use SEM Texture Coating, have your jobber mix up the paint using the code which has the correct texture additive, or duplicate using dry spray technique.
jims69

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »

My cousin's new 1969 SS never had suede on the rear window garnish moldings.   I remember it very well; we washed the car and the windows (inside and out) many times for rides in the car.   My 69 doesn't have it in the rear either; (its kind of a low gloss black)   or on the auxiliary speaker grill, and I've owned it for 38 years.

Some car's must have  received the suede treatment from  Charley's picture of his car.   It would be interesting to see someone research the subject.

Jim
-vellu

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 01:41:29 AM »

Too much texture. Use SEM Texture Coating, have your jobber mix up the paint using the code which has the correct texture additive, or duplicate using dry spray technique.

You are right. I need to sand it and try SEM Texture Coating.

1969 restoration project
Located in Finland, Europe
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: