Author Topic: rs rocker chrome trim  (Read 2665 times)

craigsclone

rs rocker chrome trim
« on: December 22, 2010, 01:42:43 AM »
i work at body shop.in prep we have 67 rs with 4 pieces trim along bottom.3 wide along bottom
of fender ,door and quarter and long thin one along rocker.i told guys i read here the car shouldn`t
orginally have all 4,each side that is.this one does..i know i read here in old ask articles that 3pcs. was the rs and others had the single rocker.what gives with this car you suppose?
  also does anyone have a colvins and could look up my casting numbers i posted on the decode
forum?no problem,just graduated h.s. last year saved up to get my 67 .can`t afford to buy books and parts .will hit flea markets this summer.                                    craig

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: rs rocker chrome trim
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:36:54 AM »
67 RS had three wide moldings and the rocker spear for a total of 4 moldings per side. Just as the car in your shop.

craigsclone

Re: rs rocker chrome trim
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 03:48:19 AM »
sauron,
 ok thanks,i have to buy lunch now !it did look orginal,however i had read here in the old ask crg before the forums i wrote it down.from sep.02,99 a peter imseis .someone i thought had said only one but not both.i had miss understood.mine only has the spear.thanks again.also seen a block that has almost same casting as my 327 3858180 it was fairly close.a 66-67 chevelle.the pistons are the ones i really would like to know about 3866954                                                                    craig