Author Topic: Prestone Brake Clean Parts Cleaner  (Read 29345 times)

rally

• View Profile
Re: Prestone Brake Clean Parts Cleaner
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
Do you have the option to call Prestone direct and place an order for this brake cleaner, i am stumped. I talked to a Walmart supervisor today and said he cant get this brake cleaner and that i have to use the site store, but like Jerry said its a hassle. Should i call Prestone and have some shipped to my residence?

IZRSSS

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 10:49:43 PM »
Have you tried the phone numbers I posted? If so, what did you find out?

Remember...Walmart is a supplier for Honeywell and they have an obligation. If a store mgr tries to avoid helping you out, get that persons managers name & phone#, etc. until you climb as high as you need to, to make it happen. However, before you speak to Walmart be sure to talk to Honeywell first and GET NAMES...be prepaired! Also, Honeywell is a corporation and Prestone is one of many under their umbrella.

You cannot use Site to Store...this was already covered.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 11:00:25 PM »
Marty,

I was on the phone with someone twice for 20 min terminal hold but just got through and was told to call back in the AM.  I will do that.

thanks for your help!  Where is this Walmart located?

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
The phone # you are calling is in Hanover, MD. If you are asking which Walmart Bud works at, its in Belen, New Mexico. Pronounced...Baa lynn :-\. Its a spanish name so if you know spanish you'll have it made. ;D

BTW...the call was to be made manana.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:32:19 PM by IZRSSS »

rally

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 01:01:24 AM »
I will give Honeywell a call tomorrow. Thanks for the info IZRSSS.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
I called the Walmart store here in MD and talked to Melinda.  She ordered me six cases of the Prestone brake clean.

thanks Marty and Merry Christmas to you and all on the CRG site.

PS:  Just an FYI, the Prestone brake clean is an excellent product and better than all the other brands.  It's great for wiping down aluminum parts such as intakes, valve covers and such.  We use it to wash the aluminum parts after they come out of the tumbler.

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 11:27:09 PM »
Happy it worked out for you Jerry!

Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year to you as well and all the guys and gals of this incredible site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 12:55:43 AM »
Going to pick up the brake clean tomorrow.  $2.43 a can.  That's cheaper than my jobber cost at NAPA, and this is the best parts cleaner to boot.  I thnk was was paying about $2.80 a can for four case menimum. 

Thanks and Happy New Year to all.,

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 03:21:08 AM »
Same price as NM & we're 1900mi apart...Gotta luv WM...you're welcome Jerry.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
The Prestone BC is in the house at CHP!

Happy new year, thanks Marty!

Jerry

rally

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »
Guys i am still having trouble here in Mich getting this Prestone brake cleaner. Auto Zone isnt any help, called the local Walmart here, no help, and then tried to call Prestone, voice mail. What is the Prestone brake cleaner part number i can give to my llocal Auto Zone store, the guy says if i can give him a number, he can help. I gave him this number posted on here AS305 and said this number cross references CRC Brake cleaner, i am stumped? What is the correct order number?

IZRSSS

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:38 PM »
We have all tried Auto Zone. They can't or won't get the cleaner for you. AS-305 is the correct part#.

Here is the phone# to my NM Walmart; (505)864-9114. Ask for store Manager, Bud. Maybe you can sweet talk him into contacting your Walmart with the information they need to get it ordered. Don't agree to talk to anyone except Bud. If you need to call back, do so. He knows exactly what "Prestone Heavy Duty Brake Parts Cleaner" is. He is the person that made it happen for both me and Jerry. The other Managers don't have a clue.

Here are some additional pics in case you need them.

Good luck

rally

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »
Thank You very much IRZSSS. I will call him tomorrow and see if he can contact my Walmart here in Mich. This is a big help. Auto Zone just seemed he didnt want to help.

rally

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
Well guys i been to my local Walmart 3 miles down the road and gave the store manager all the info and numbers he needed to order me a case of Prestone Break Cleaner. This manager contines to tell me he calls these phone numbers and get prompts and no one answers. I have lost my patience with this manager and had it out with him. I told him he should be able to contact this supplier Prestone and order anything he needs, Walmart carries plenty of their products. All i get is a runaround with this manager. What should i do? Anybody have any ideas what steps i should take now. Again where is the custmer service this day and age. Personally i am not a big fan of Walmart, ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
Since Jerry has a source check with him to sell you a case at a modest profit.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP